Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 01:57:41 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Nifong to Be Sworn in Tuesday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nifong to Be Sworn in Tuesday  (Read 12573 times)
ding7777

Re: Nifong to Be Sworn in Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:50 PM »

I think with all this publicity, people will buy his book because he is the one who people will want to hear from

What could Nifong possibly say about the case? That he indicted on only an accusation - with nothing to substatiate it?
rd248

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »

Yes I've heard Nifongs already got a book deal.

It's called "If I had framed the lacrosse players here's how I would have done it"

cpamba

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »

I think with all this publicity, people will buy his book because he is the one who people will want to hear from

What could Nifong possibly say about the case? That he indicted on only an accusation - with nothing to substatiate it?

Who would want to read a fictional account of the Duke case?  Well, except for the Believers of the Hoax, that is.
Lousy1

Aaah chicken! Best served al dente

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 08:47:56 PM »

Perhaps it will be heart wrenching expose on the consequences of gang rapes in prison.
Whippersnapper

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »

Nifong is not going to lose his job.

He is not going to lose his pension.

He is not going to lose his license to practice law.

He is not going to lose his liberty.

IMHO, I think that Nifong will (in this order):

1. Lose this case

2. Begin to be investigated by the U. S. Dept of Justice

3. Be disbarred in North Carolina

4. Lose his job (this will be done quietly and he will be given the opportunity to retire before the terminations effective date; which he'll do)

5. Have multiple civil suits filed against him (along with other folks, institutions & government entities)

6. Cop a plea with DOJ where he'll plead guilty to a lesser included charge & escape jail time

7. Lose the first of the many civil suits filed against him; which his attorneys will appeal

8. Receive divorce papers from his wife

9. Agree to a divorce settlement with his wife and transfers all his assets to her (some authors of books on this case will later claim & document that this was a sham divorce)

10. Lose the 2nd civil suit filed against him

11. Say goodbye to his wife as she moves out of Durham and North Carolina

12. Propose to ChickyGirl; she turns him down saying "No way loser, I want a real man"

ex-lax

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »

How are you so sure?  You have been...ahem...wrong on things before. 

As a matter of fact, why don't we save this comment of yours so we know exactly what you said WHEN Nifong loses all the things above.

I don't think he will be disbarred.  He will remain DA, retire with his pension, and the profits from the book he probably will write.
I think with all this publicity, people will buy his book because he is the one who people will want to hear from.

I think he may recuse himself and hand it over to a DA who feels the same way he does about the case.

If that happens, I feel he will be in the courtroom when the trial is on, if he can after recusing himself.

If he writes a book, I would bet any profits would be expended for defense of a civil case.  I don't know whether his pension can be attached to pay the ultimate judgement under NC law or not.

It's possible the indicted players will forego a lawsuit after the dismissal in an effort to get on with their lives, but I'd have to think a Nifong book which is anything other than a big mea culpa would be too much to take.  He may or may not enjoy immunity for some of his actions while prosecuting this case, but he certainly doesn't have it for whatever defamatory crap he would likely include in a book.
niffari glynn

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »

Chickygirl,

I agree that if someone else is handed the case, Nifong may eventually be in the courtroom. From what we know of the lineups and the collusion to withhold exculpatory evidence, the defense may need to call Nifong as a witness. We know they're calling Meehan.

Nifong can be sued for his statements out of court. They clearly moved beyond the scope of informing the public and at least one statement was an outright falsehood. I don't believe for a second that there are many Nifong fans in this country who will buy his book, if he even gets a deal. Even those who believe "something happened" agree that Nifong's conduct has been disgraceful.

However, one of the most important dates is looming large for Mike Nifong: his date with the judge in this case. In early February, Nifong will have to explain his conduct to this judge, whom he clearly lied to about evidence. I don't believe Nifong will walk away from that hearing still prosecuting this case.
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 08:28:05 AM »

It should free Nifong up to be a witness in the case. I'd pay to see that.

mexron7

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

They had the swearing in 30 minutes before the court opened. Poultry?

http://www.newsobserver.com/100/story/527815.html
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

Chicken...
cpamba

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »

A total coward.
Justdropit

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »

The shortest book in history unless he plans on exposing the corrupt DPD and its role in the hoax.
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »

I misread the title of this thread. I thought it said "Nifong to be sworn at Tuesday," and my thought was, well, what's so newsworthy about that?
Ready4Freddy

Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »

2 down, 2 to go...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here