Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 02:00:14 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Lab in Lacrosse Case Found Many DNA Sources - New Defense Motion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lab in Lacrosse Case Found Many DNA Sources - New Defense Motion  (Read 48241 times)
Lousy1

Aaah chicken! Best served al dente

Re: Lab in Lacrosse Case Found Many DNA Sources - New Defense Motion
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

Asked and answered and answered and answered....

Try to get used to that if you are going to hang around here.
Also look for rewording of the same point over and over again, and recurring intentional obtuseness.

And if you have been around her long enough you will have noted the subtle shift from being AV enablers to being Nifong enablers.

Well its a welcome shift. And, as you mave  have heard all the evidence has yet to be presented.
A Son of Martha

« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »

Asked and answered and answered and answered....

Try to get used to that if you are going to hang around here.
Also look for rewording of the same point over and over again, and recurring intentional obtuseness.

And if you have been around here long enough you will have noted the subtle shift from being AV enablers to being Nifong enablers. (Fixed up)

Well its a welcome shift. And, as you mave  have heard all the evidence has yet to be presented.

Oh man, you mean that even more evidence has been withheld? Was it to avoid dragging the good names of the Lacrosse players through the mud?
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

Now if, say, PB were indicted for something and he managed to get the DNA abstracts regarding DNA fractions, would he need a lawyer and say, some expert to go through those results to figure out what they meant? It would be his choice to spend money on a lawyer. Heck, if PB were innocent he wouldn't need a lawyer, right? After all, if the case were put in front of twelve peers who also didn't know about DNA then they would surely come to the correct conclusion, right?

The one positive I see about a lot of the recent blathering by certain enablers around here is that they can no longer make their dumb statements disappear.
PB

« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »

Now if, say, PB were indicted for something and he managed to get the DNA abstracts regarding DNA fractions, would he need a lawyer and say, some expert to go through those results to figure out what they meant? It would be his choice to spend money on a lawyer. Heck, if PB were innocent he wouldn't need a lawyer, right? After all, if the case were put in front of twelve peers who also didn't know about DNA then they would surely come to the correct conclusion, right?

The one positive I see about a lot of the recent blathering by certain enablers around here is that they can no longer make their dumb statements disappear.

What's that rant about? Have I ever claimed that innocent people shouldn't get lawyers?

I've argued all my own cases in the last 15 years, 9 in all. Hired a lawyer once to file a motion, but wished I hadn't because it was worse than one I had already filed and failed on and it cost me $1000 for nothing.

I wouldn't argue that everyone should be a do-it-your-selfer, and I have no problem with innocent people hiring lawyers. I'm sure a lot of lawyers could have done a better job than I did.

A Son of Martha

« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »

I wouldn't argue that everyone should be a do-it-your-selfer, and I have no problem with innocent people hiring lawyers. I'm sure a lot of lawyers could have done a better job than I did.

Even guilty people should hire lawyers, don't  you agree. They should not be railroaded into more than they are due under our legal system.
PB

« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:12 PM »

Even guilty people should hire lawyers, don't  you agree. They should not be railroaded into more than they are due under our legal system.

I don't care whether anyone hires lawyers. It's optional. I'm sure some are worth their weight in gold. Should Michael Skakel have hired a lawyer? He couldn't have done worse without a lawyer. Had he simply admitted his guilt day one he would have spent about three years in prison.  Had he represented himself in court twenty years later, he would have saved his aunt a million dollars (reputedly). No way would he have gotten a worse sentence. 

A lot of people would do better throwing themselves on the mercy of the court rather than trying to game the system. But certainly not all.
Lousy1

« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »

A lot of people would do better throwing themselves on the mercy of the court rather than trying to game the system. But certainly not all.

I think you might have meant
A lot of GUILTY  people would do better throwing themselves on the mercy of the court rather than trying to game the system. But certainly not all.
A Son of Martha

« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2006, 01:13:11 AM »

Looking at the Motion to Compel Discovery, we find the following interesting items:

• Page 4, item 14 and footnote 24. Consistent with a mixture
  • Page 10, item 34. ... there was a mixture of male and female DNA on the fingernail, with a sole male contributor, and that an unindicted lacrosse player could not be excluded as that male contributor. This was from the unpainted unapplied fingernail
  • Page 11, item 38. David Evan's could not be excluded from the mixture taken from the three fingernails (with no indication of where on the nails the swabs were taken) and two other males who were non-lacrosse players were indicated.

I can remember how hard Lora wanted the fingernail DNA to implicate David Evans. It's just pathetic how some people our lack of detailed information to argue that a rape was more than possible.
Lousy1

« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2006, 01:37:00 AM »

Looking at the Motion to Compel Discovery, we find the following interesting items:

• Page 4, item 14 and footnote 24. Consistent with a mixture
  • Page 10, item 34. ... there was a mixture of male and female DNA on the fingernail, with a sole male contributor, and that an unindicted lacrosse player could not be excluded as that male contributor. This was from the unpainted unapplied fingernail
  • Page 11, item 38. David Evan's could not be excluded from the mixture taken from the three fingernails (with no indication of where on the nails the swabs were taken) and two other males who were non-lacrosse players were indicated.

I can remember how hard Lora wanted the fingernail DNA to implicate David Evans. It's just pathetic how some people our lack of detailed information to argue that a rape was more than possible.

If you put enough unrelated items in the stew you can probable produce "something."

I am relieved that they didn't wrap the nails in the "Crime Scene" laundry to avoid contamination.

There are some Durham cops who are not crooked.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here