Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 01:57:50 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  A new way to fight Nifongism 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new way to fight Nifongism  (Read 23062 times)
dc victim

Re: A new way to fight Nifongism
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »

One wouldn't dare take this case to trial in Orange county.  The best lawyer in the country would never feel confident a jury wouldn't convict him of the felony.  Orange co. is almost 100% liberal, much more than Durham.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:51:41 PM by TalkLeft » Logged
sam

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 11:08:36 AM »

deleted, warning.

Only responded to insults directed at me, jeralyn.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 08:31:52 PM by sam » Logged
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:53:56 PM by TalkLeft » Logged

FU
PB

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 11:34:51 AM »

deleted for insults, warning
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:54:38 PM by TalkLeft » Logged
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 11:35:38 AM »

PB: I think it was the confession that convinced me. Plus the plea.

All confessions and pleas equal criminality? You've never heard of coercion, the Innocence Project, etc.? dc victim offered another view of his friend's situation. Quite honestly, I can't presume his friend's guilt, his innocence, or even his existence other than by what dc has written. If dc had written, "Suppose a friend of yours...." then maybe the enablers could have placed a distance between the example and their presumptions of guilt, but I doubt it. dc offered an example of alleged inequality. What have the enablers done? Presumed guilt.

This discussion site has people who proclaim that respecting someone's civil rights is just public relations. In this thread we have people who presume guilt based on prosecutorial will. What is the unifying force? Their conformity to power versus the right of the individual. As much as some bleat out that the accuser has a right to a fair trial they can't imagine that rights under the Fourteenth Amendment extend to the three defendants.

The right to a fair trial, and equal protection under the law, means that people are not falsely accused for crimes they could not have committed. It is absolutely clear now that this has been a false prosecution from the start. For months now, none of the enablers has been able to defend the charges, the investigation, any of the prosecution's actions by other than two chants: The accuser must have a fair trail or The prosecutor must have something. The first statement is just silly. The prosecutor didn't prosecute anyone for the alleged theft of $2000 because he knew it would immediately expose his false prosecution of rape, the winning ticket for his election. There goes Precious' right to a fair trial for the alleged robbery. Not even Nifong thinks that the accuser has a right to a fair trial. If he decides tomorrow to drop the case, her "fair trial" is gone. The second statement, that the prosecutor must have something, is even more sinister and more telling. Abandoning all logic and knowledge, it is a belief that the government must be right, that it is justified in prosecuting three demonstrably innocent people.

That's the kind of logic that put Jews on trains. That's what happens when demonstrations become night rallies.
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

All confessions and pleas equal criminality? You've never heard of coercion, the Innocence Project, etc.? 

See!  Bob gets it.  LOL

FU
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »

dc offered an example of alleged inequality. What have the enablers done? Presumed guilt.

They cannot veer too far from their trusted modus operandi, can they?

FU
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

PB: If it had been Benito Mussolini, instead of  OM, who posted  "Thar She Blows!"  in response to your latest post, I think I would still have been amused  by it. So it is with conformists. Their sense of humor relies on the constriction of others' rights.
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 11:45:26 AM »

All confessions and pleas equal criminality? You've never heard of coercion, the Innocence Project, etc.? 

See!  Bob gets it.  LOL

The Innocence Project?

LOL!

I can't wait until Barry Scheck analyzes the strangler's fingernail scrapings.

QT
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »

See!  Bob gets it.  LOL

The Innocence Project?

LOL!

I can't wait until Barry Scheck analyzes the strangler's fingernail scrapings.

So, by your quite learned response, is it fair to assume you feel ALL who have plead in our history ARE guilty?  Right?

LMAO

FU
PB

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »

That's the kind of logic that put Jews on trains. That's what happens when demonstrations become night rallies.

Equating "letting the government have a chance to present its case" to genocide may take less time than putting on a red nose,  a ruffled collar and sad face paint, but it has the same effect. It evokes laughter even in children.
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »

By, the way, EC, I'm worried that you don't understand the TOS here.

Why no, PB.  I'm don't.  Maybe I can take a gander at the TOS  guidelines right after your little, vile toady friend, Sam,  is finished with them. Be so kind and keep me in the loop on this quite important issue.

You've been personally warned by Talk Left, sam hasn't. 

EC posted:

I do not care.  "TL" can do whatever she wants considering it is her board.  This includes suspending or banning me.  I will speak the way I always do and will not mince my words.

Talk Left posted:

Then just leave now.  You will not speak the way you want to here if it violates the forum comment policy and you will mince your words if necessary to avoid insulting and attacking others.

That goes for everyone.  This board exists at my discretion.  Posters are guests.  They can be asked to leave or forcibly removed by my clicking the "delete account" key.

QT
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 12:38:23 PM »

Here, let me make it easy for TL.  TL, since there are no PMs, I am asking you here to delete my account and subsequent posts.  Thanks for the opportunity to post and my apologies for slinging mud on your site.

It only shows the emptiness of the crowd you've allowed to stay here.  Nothing of value.  Zero content and character.  Good luck, may the boys be released from their purgatory, Nifong and the FA be brought up on charges and rightly convicted,  and I will continue to read your blog.  Sincerest apologies again.

FU
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 12:39:39 PM »

No, you get something straight, wifebeater. Do you believe ALL who have pled guilty are innocent? A simple yes or no will suffice, fly. LOL.

No and that was never what I wrote which is crystal clear to anyone who can read English.  Now your turn moron, lawyer boy.  LOL

But you on the other hand emphatically stated "HE PLEAD GUILTY" as if you believe all who plead are guilty.  Is that right?  A simple yes or no will suffice.  LOL

It is against the law to grab someone by the throat. He admitted what he had done. What don't you get about that?

He snapped and did what he later learned was the dumbest possible thing. He put his hands on her neck, realized what he was doing, and quickly let go.

QT
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »

It is against the law to grab someone by the throat. He admitted what he had done. What don't you get about that?

I get it fully.  In your opinion, everything leading to death of an individual is murder?  There are never any circumstances that have lead to a death and the person suspected was found not culpable?  Is that what you are saying?  If not, why will you not admit that this person may have been provoked to the point that he was and went nuts?  It is clear from the links I gave that women are equally to blame and in certain cases more in DV issues.  So what is hard for you to understand about that?

This guy may be guilty as sin, I do not know nor is this specific case the whole issue.  The point goes beyond that.

FU
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here