Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:53:08 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  A new way to fight Nifongism 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new way to fight Nifongism  (Read 23056 times)
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

Re: A new way to fight Nifongism
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »

I think when people accept untrue plea bargains they accept the untenable positions that those plea bargains place them in. That's their problem.

I hate to take the thread off topic by mentioning another dc victim, Collin Finnerty. That is the choice he made when he accepted a plea deal in Washington, D.C.

QT
dc victim

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 12:50:55 PM »

Actually, I'm not sure he took a plea.  He just didn't insist on a trial because there was the chance he'd be convicted of the felony by hysterics who have been fed a ton of propaganda about the dangerousness of the male.  Especially those involved in sports.
sam

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »

Actually, I'm not sure he took a plea.  He just didn't insist on a trial because there was the chance he'd be convicted of the felony by hysterics who have been fed a ton of propaganda about the dangerousness of the male.  Especially those involved in sports.

Your comment does not make sense.  If he elected not to go to trial, he either pled guilty or no contest to a felony or the felony was reduced to a misdemeanor and he pled guilty or no contest to the misdemeanor.
OM

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 01:08:15 PM »

dc victim
how appropos a name is that?
we need a civil rights movement for men
OM

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »

You mean a movement to build tree house with signs on the outside stating -- "NO GIRLS ALLOWED!"?

I have one of those out back.
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 01:53:04 PM »

Lacrosse Player Reaches Plea Deal

QT
sam

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »

I thought he was referring to his friend, The Orange County Stranger.  lol!
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »

I thought he was referring to his friend, The Orange County Stranger.  lol!

I'm not sure either. I took the "especially those involved in sports" line to mean Finnerty, but who knows, maybe "the strangler" is involved in another sport - one that doesn't require a restraining order.

QT
dc victim

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 02:20:53 PM »

dc victim
how appropos a name is that?
we need a civil rights movement for men

Exactly, but the ACLU, the media, prosecuters, many propagandized folks etc won't touch the DV industry.  It's really time for a million man march.  Plenty of female relatives and friends of victims of "victims" like myself would love to join I bet.  Folks who don't live in the land of Feminazi's and "victims" of sexism, racism and homophobia probably can't relate.
PB

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

Exactly, but the ACLU, the media, prosecuters, many propagandized folks etc won't touch the DV industry.  It's really time for a million man march.  Plenty of female relatives and friends of victims of "victims" like myself would love to join I bet.  Folks who don't live in the land of Feminazi's and "victims" of sexism, racism and homophobia probably can't relate.

The Deadbeat Dads would join that march in a heartbeat. Many a deadbeat dad would happily provide the funds they with-hold, but their hatred toward the women through whom these payments must be adminstered is so great, they prefer life on the lamb, or jail.

But the issue isn't "Nifongism."  It's "women" and how bad they are.  I think it's one of those topics that probably are not quite central enough to the lacrosse case to get all riled up about.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:34:20 PM by PB » Logged
dc victim

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »

The reason it is relevant is that Nifong either bought into the myth of the dangerous male or knew its political power and used it very effectively.  I've seen several references that call the DV industry the new Jim Crow because it is used most often toward black males.
PB

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »

The first responders take a picture of a less than 1/2 inch scratch on her neck. 

I like this detail. What role, exactly, does scratching play in strangling? I would think an experienced strangler could strangle scratch-free.

Why describe the scratch as less than 1/2 inch, when it could just as correctly be described as more than 1/4 inch?
dc victim

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 03:22:18 PM »

The first responders take a picture of a less than 1/2 inch scratch on her neck. 

I like this detail. What role, exactly, does scratching play in strangling? I would think an experienced strangler could strangle scratch-free.

Why describe the scratch as less than 1/2 inch, when it could just as correctly be described as more than 1/4 inch?

You are starting to get it.  The picture of the scratch was the reason the DA said the assault on a female charge could not be dismissed.  Cut your nails guys in case of arguments or don't let your wife go into the bathroom after calling 919
PB

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

Cut your nails guys in case of arguments or don't let your wife go into the bathroom after calling 919

This nail-cutting shouldn't be necessary. Can't we pass a one inch law so that evil Nifongian prosecutors can't run ripshod over the rights of first-time stranglers?
SharonInJax

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »

Where to begin?

Is there a doctor in the house?

Considering what you have stated as your opinion of doctors, why would you want one, imho?

Now I wonder how many wife beaters and stranglers I put in jail over a 27 year career felt I violated their civil rights?

I hope all of them.  LOL

Now, THAT's what society needs:  law enforcement professionals who laugh about violating the constitution, who hope that they have done so on every possible occasion.

While the term "Nifongism" is still somewhat amorphous, I would offer this:  if Nifong pleads murder charges down to time served because he knew he could not prove the case:  I have no problem with that because it is a sad truth of the criminal justice system.  So what, exactly, does Nifong have in this case that leads him to believe that he CAN prove his case?  He is, apparently, not averse to dropping murder charges due to lack of convictability.  What does, what can, anyone think he has to justify proceeding with this case?

Nifong can drop/reduce/deal charges of murder because there is not a viable, prosecutable case, but not in this case?  Where is the outrage that the victims of the murder cases Nifong has dealt down deserved a trial, that the victims in those cases deserved a fair hearing?  Nifong's office makes deals all the time, clearly, based on the likelihood of conviction.  Why NOT in this case?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here