Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  (Read 10565 times)
ChickyGirl

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

I agree with your post.  Teasing and a little baiting never hurt anyone.

[remainder deleted]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:57:38 AM by TalkLeft » Logged
weezie

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »

It's a shame to have lost three of the best minds on the site, three who have been here from the beginning.
Buckeye

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 10:20:05 AM »

It's a shame to have lost three of the best minds on the site, three who have been here from the beginning.

Also, did not Don Corleone start as an AV supporter?
khartoum

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 01:34:41 PM »

This is really unfortunate.

The CourtTV boards started off as a balanced discussion of the case, and then degenerated into mindless offerings of Nifong apologists coupled with baiting comments about Duke and the players. It would be a shame if the same thing happened here, though I can see where frequent posters would tire of dealing with the constant taunting and baiting from a few posters.
emmy954

put on your big girl pants...

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »

khartoum, the CTV board became a travesty, a mockery, and it was a damn shame...I hope and pray that the same thing doesn't happen here...I would just remind  everyone that we are ALL adults...so, don't go tattling to TL every time someone posts something that offends your sensibilities...it's idiotic...reminds me of my daughters, who tear-*ss over to me or my husband (or even my son!) to get some moderation when they get their feelings hurt...I make them work it out, or they get seperated...remember that constantly playing ref gest daunting.

"Yeah, and I'll stand by your side...You'll need a good companion now, for this part of the ride.  And leave behind your sorrows, let this day be the last...well tomorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past."

Bruce Springsteen...Land of Hope and Dreams
PB

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 02:22:50 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Duke case all these many months.

Happy Thanksgiving to you TL, and thank you for providing  the forum.

We've lost a few members this week.  Photios, Madison, Don Corleone and Newport have asked to have their accounts deleted.

They won't be forgotten.

I deleted Newport and Madison's posts as well at their request, but now I'm sorry I did. Without their posts, some of the older threads may not make sense as so many engaged in conversation with them.  Thus, I will not be removing Photios or Don Coreleone's posts.  So, please remember the internet has no eraser, and what you write stays up as long as this board does, unless I decide to delete it for violating forum rules.

I think it was your better nature that got ahold of you when you deleted at their request. I think that's the nicer policy.

diet_dr_pepper

10-2-4

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Sorry to see those posters leave.  I did enjoy their postings.  I, myself, have  learn  a lot from their postings. 
They will be missed.  DDP

"No," Harris said. "It's about honesty. You're not honest."
DHaze

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 05:25:54 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Duke case all these many months.

Happy Thanksgiving to you TL, and thank you for providing  the forum.

We've lost a few members this week.  Photios, Madison, Don Corleone and Newport have asked to have their accounts deleted.

They won't be forgotten.

I deleted Newport and Madison's posts as well at their request, but now I'm sorry I did. Without their posts, some of the older threads may not make sense as so many engaged in conversation with them.  Thus, I will not be removing Photios or Don Coreleone's posts.  So, please remember the internet has no eraser, and what you write stays up as long as this board does, unless I decide to delete it for violating forum rules.

I think it was your better nature that got ahold of you when you deleted at their request. I think that's the nicer policy.

It's sad that some of the smartest and most informed posters  have decided they can't take the snide baiting that has lately taken over. Interesting to see which birds return to the roost now that they have left.
emmy954

put on your big girl pants...

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »

DHaze wrote in part...

"Interesting to see which birds return to the roost now that they have left."

This is exactly what I was thinking, DHaze...this forum is MUCH worse for who we've lost... 

"Yeah, and I'll stand by your side...You'll need a good companion now, for this part of the ride.  And leave behind your sorrows, let this day be the last...well tomorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past."

Bruce Springsteen...Land of Hope and Dreams
wayne

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »

TL said      As members drop off, new members will join. 

How many people do you need to replace the imput of the four you lost?  You have 251 members but in my view you've lost 10% of the content.  When people start "voting with their feet" there is a problem.

Facts are stuborn things, and whatever maybe our wishes,our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams
DHaze

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »

Welcome back, PB!!!

But hey, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope all you  had a lovely time with all your friends and family.

I know the Duke lacrosse guys all did -- and I am thankful for that.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:44:42 AM by TalkLeft » Logged
PB

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 11:46:36 PM »

But hey, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope all you IMHO fans had a lovely time with all your friends and family.

I know the Duke lacrosse guys all did -- and I am thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, DHaze. Glad the hear the players lives aren't ruined. I only hope the accuser is having a happy Thanksgiving as well.

With malice toward none, as the saying goes.
DHaze

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 11:47:19 PM »

Honestly -- it reminded me of something out of Pulp Fiction.

I know all the Duke 3 supporters are thankful on this special day that the case against them has been shown to be so obviously false, and that good people from all over the country know it and have stood up to defend them.

This board is a lesser place without Photios, Newport and Madison. Sad that the baiters and the haters drove them away.
TalkLeft
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »

Can't you all get alone even for one day...Thanksgiving?

This thread is about the holiday.  It's been cleaned of snipes and insults.

Let's return tomorrow to discussing the case.  Not race, not other posters, but the case.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here