Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Bombshell Revelations regarding accuser by another dancer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bombshell Revelations regarding accuser by another dancer  (Read 34549 times)
helloitsme

Re: Bombshell Revelations regarding accuser by another dancer
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2006, 02:19:15 PM »

...There is no doubt in my mind that the police band radio traffic that night talked about a false accusation
I agree.
The tapes have been "accidently" erased, so we will never know.
They would have been entertaining to hear.
sceptical

« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2006, 02:23:04 PM »

Momtothree, I think you are right that the changes in the wording of the search warrant requests are significant. There were several and they do reflect changes in the police theory of the case (see original search warrant vs. those for dorm rooms). I agree that Gottlieb's fingerprints are all over these changes.
lskinner

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2007, 06:39:44 AM »

That list could go on for pages...having self confidence is not an indicator of the correctness of action, or the mental health of the individual.

Nifong is not truly confident.  He is just acting confident.  If he truly believed in the case, he would have had a PC hearing not a GJ indictment; he would have met with the players, etc.

When you don't have cards, you either bluff or fold.  If you choose to bluff, you act confident.

I am an attorney.  I have seen many many attorneys act confident when they have nothing.  Nifong's act of confidence means nothing to me.

Early on in the case, before the discovery file was released to the defense, people speculated that Nifong "must have something" because of his confidence.  He was bluffing then, and he's bluffing now.

JMHO.

Does anyone still think that Nifong "must have something?"

[crickets chirping]

cpamba

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2007, 06:44:35 AM »

That list could go on for pages...having self confidence is not an indicator of the correctness of action, or the mental health of the individual.

Nifong is not truly confident.  He is just acting confident.  If he truly believed in the case, he would have had a PC hearing not a GJ indictment; he would have met with the players, etc.

When you don't have cards, you either bluff or fold.  If you choose to bluff, you act confident.

I am an attorney.  I have seen many many attorneys act confident when they have nothing.  Nifong's act of confidence means nothing to me.

Early on in the case, before the discovery file was released to the defense, people speculated that Nifong "must have something" because of his confidence.  He was bluffing then, and he's bluffing now.

JMHO.

Does anyone still think that Nifong "must have something?"

[crickets chirping]

When you're right, you're right.
foobar

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2007, 10:57:39 AM »

Only a complaining witness; the fingernail DNA; the towel DNA; the SANE nurse's report confirming injuries consistent with sexual assault; etc.
vegas

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »

Only a complaining witness; the fingernail DNA; the towel DNA; the SANE nurse's report confirming injuries consistent with sexual assault; etc.
kThe Sane nurse's report did not confirm any injuries at all. The Docs vaginal edema is not an injury. The towel DNA had no Crystal DNA on it and the fingernail was a non exluding DNA.  Interesting that Nifong went to Meeham to expand any details on the fingernail and got crucified by DNA.i
foobar

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

I guess when I heard her testify "she had tenderness consistent with being sexually assaulted" and "her story did not change for the 7 hours I was with her" I must have missed the part where the SANE nurse said "she was lying and I let the investigators know".
vegas

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »

I guess when I heard her testify "she had tenderness consistent with being sexually assaulted" and "her story did not change for the 7 hours I was with her" I must have missed the part where the SANE nurse said "she was lying and I let the investigators know".

it is not the job of any nurse to make value judgements on patient complaints, nor is it their job to "let investigators know". Although many think this is a big event in the ED, in fact it is not.  Can you prove her opinion  is not true - to this nurse on that day the above statement is her opinion.  Again, who cares - she is a no body in this event.  She made these statements under oath and I assure you Nurse Tara is not sacrificing her license by lying - nor would the DUMC lawyer be complacent with that.
TalkLeft
Administrator

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

This thread is closing and moving to the archives.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here