Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:50:27 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Freda Black Urges Supporters to Vote for Cheek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Freda Black Urges Supporters to Vote for Cheek  (Read 16955 times)
kbp

Re: Freda Black Urges Supporters to Vote for Cheek
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »

This is good news. Freda Black almost won the primary so she obviously has a significant group of supporters.

I doubt her endorsement will cause any kind of shift. I would assume her supporters were all ready voting against Nifong.

It may help get a few more off the couch.
kbp

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »

True. But I think this combined with the new poll results will energize Cheek supporters and it will bring in some undecideds who thought Nifong would win easily and inspire them to get to the polls.

I haven't seen this poll in a newspaper web site yet.
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 04:59:26 PM »

This is good news. Freda Black almost won the primary so she obviously has a significant group of supporters.

I doubt her endorsement will cause any kind of shift. I would assume her supporters were all ready voting against Nifong.

True. But I think this combined with the new poll results will energize Cheek supporters and it will bring in some undecideds who thought Nifong would win easily and inspire them to get to the polls.

No news yet of those new poll results on the N & O, Herald Sun or WRAL websites.

QT
wagstaff

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »

Most likely it will run in the morning. This came out in a press release this afternoon. Stories are set for print around Midnight for the N & O and the Herald-Sun. Of course the Herald Sun will probably run away from it and deny it. Ashley must be having a fit!

kbp

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »

Most likely it will run in the morning. This came out in a press release this afternoon. Stories are set for print around Midnight for the N & O and the Herald-Sun. Of course the Herald Sun will probably run away from it and deny it. Ashley must be having a fit!

They post online all hours of the day. 
I want to see that the local newspapers acknowledge the poll results.
NOW!!!
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

They post online all hours of the day. 
I want to see that the local newspapers acknowledge the poll results.
NOW!!!

This article was updated an hour ago, no mention of Cheek's new poll.

Former Prosecutor Urges Vote Against Nifong

http://www.wral.com/news/10235033/detail.html

QT
kbp

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »

What an exciting Friday evening, where we look for a poll, while others are at the pole!
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »

I wonder if they are doing their own polls?
kbp

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 12:31:28 AM »

What an exciting Friday evening, where we look for a poll, while others are at the pole!

Kbp, put up your numbers.  If Freda Black supporters vote against Nifong it's a Cheek landslide.

I'm still holding onto that theory that one side is motivated and the other is on the couch.
Turnout is a big factor in this election (stole that from someone dead and gone I'm sure).

LTC
I mentioned it may have been an in-house job to Imho, but if the questions were okay, the poll should be.  Might have to factor in where they got the phone numbers to call, but as close as it was, it didn't look like just friends!  The margin for error would rise with fewer calls.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 12:35:34 AM by kbp » Logged
ChickyGirl

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 02:02:04 AM »

Kbp, put up your numbers.  If Freda Black supporters vote against Nifong it's a Cheek landslide.

I'm still holding onto that theory that one side is motivated and the other is on the couch.
Turnout is a big factor in this election (stole that from someone dead and gone I'm sure).

LTC
I mentioned it may have been an in-house job to Imho, but if the questions were okay, the poll should be.  Might have to factor in where they got the phone numbers to call, but as close as it was, it didn't look like just friends!  The margin for error would rise with fewer calls.

I can see it all now.  The DA loses the election by one vote.  All Dukie supporters throw a huge party in the town square which ends with the three Dukes being carried on the shoulders of the Dukie supporters to the court house steps.  Everyone is screaming and cheering.  There the Dukes are coronated and become the three Kings just in time for Christmas.

They are given the keys to the city, and are placed in charge of the Kingdom of Durham forever.

All this because Freda Black threw her support to Cheeks, someone who doesn't want to be DA and broke out in tears while giving a speech shortly before the election.

A fairytale by Chicky

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:07:36 AM by ChickyGirl » Logged
kbp

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »

LTC

I can see it all now.  The DA loses the election by one vote.  All Dukie supporters throw a huge party in the town square which ends with the three Dukes being carried on the shoulders of the Dukie supporters to the court house steps.  Everyone is screaming and cheering.  There the Dukes are coronated and become the three Kings just in time for Christmas.

They are given the keys to the city, and are placed in charge of the Kingdom of Durham forever.

All this because Freda Black threw her support to Cheeks, someone who doesn't want to be DA and broke out in tears while giving a speech shortly before the election.

A fairytale by Chicky

All this because Nifong is evil, and it's obvious anyone with open their eyes & ears. 
I'm sure he's surprised even his best friends with all he's done in this case.
I wish they'd do a poll on how many that liked/admired him before and now have a negative opinion of him.
No matter what the outcome is, he will always be who he is, living with what he's done.
I would be suicidal if I had to live as Nifong.
If he loses the election he should be watched, because I want him to live a long time.
He certainly knows more about this case than anyone else will ever know!

Trinity Rez

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »

Yes a man with emotions. How dare him. Cheek cares about his home town and what the likes of people like you and the injustice supporters are doing to tear this town apart. It is a few idiots that normally ruin it for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:01:19 PM by Trinity Rez » Logged
Sensei

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

LTC

A fairytale by Chicky

All this because Nifong is evil, and it's obvious anyone with open their eyes & ears. 
I'm sure he's surprised even his best friends with all he's done in this case.
I wish they'd do a poll on how many that liked/admired him before and now have a negative opinion of him.
No matter what the outcome is, he will always be who he is, living with what he's done.
I would be suicidal if I had to live as Nifong.
If he loses the election he should be watched, because I want him to live a long time.
He certainly knows more about this case than anyone else will ever know!

Yes, in fact he knows more about this case than the Accuser does, obviously since he had no trouble revising her timeline and making it a 5 to 10 minute attack instead of the 30 that SHE claimed, without ever even talking to her about the case.  HE knew there were condoms, even though she claimed no condoms and an ejaculation in her mouth, and HE knew that she had been given a date rape drug, as well as precisely what position she was in and how they held her in a choke hold, even though she did not describe any of these things to the Sane Nurse the night of her examination....so obviously he knows more about this case than anyone else up to and including the Accuser.

Unfortunately, she is the one who is going to have to testify....the question is will she testify to HER story or HIS
Sundance

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »

Yes a man with emotions. How dare him. Cheek cares about his home town and what the likes of people like you and the injustice supporters are doing to tear this town apart. It is a few idiots that nowmally ruin it for the rest of us.

Chicky, all you need to do is review the (long) list of Cheeks' charitable/volunteer activities and compare that with the (incredibly short) list of Nifong's activities.

I heard Bill Thomas looks pretty good in fishnets and a leather bustiere - 11/5/06, inmyhumbleopinion describing a perfect date?
Trinity Rez

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2006, 05:05:55 PM »

Yes a man with emotions. How dare him. Cheek cares about his home town and what the likes of people like you and the injustice supporters are doing to tear this town apart. It is a few idiots that nowmally ruin it for the rest of us.

Chicky, all you need to do is review the (long) list of Cheeks' charitable/volunteer activities and compare that with the (incredibly short) list of Nifong's activities.

Exactly Sundance. Got for bid if someone has an altruistic love for the place they call home even though the majority of the population is eiither ignorant to the facts or do know the facts and still want to proceed to tear this town apart because they feel they did not win in the lottery of life as they percieve the LAX 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here