Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 02:00:22 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  New Posters Need to Be Aware of the Forum Rules 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Posters Need to Be Aware of the Forum Rules  (Read 25249 times)
TalkLeft
Administrator

Re: New Posters Need to Be Aware of the Forum Rules
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 02:21:50 AM »

One more time, and I'm closing the thread.

Sitemeter is for the whole TalkLeft site. Every major blog has sitemeter. It's necesary for advertisers and the media. It's how traffic is ranked.  It's not an option to close it.

It's never been a privacy issue. The ip addresses are not linked to email addresses or specific visitor names.  Because of the different time zones between the forums, talkleft, the server and sitemeter, you're all guessing if you think you can link posters to ip addresses, even when geographic locations are listed alongside the ip addresses.  16,000 computers a day log into talkleft.  The forum posters equal a few hundred of those.  There are also many more guests than registered users who view the TalkLeft forums.  There are multiple users from every city.

If any of you want to spend your day trying to calculate who is who, go ahead. You still won't get a name or an email address. This is just a waste of time.  And, as I said, non-negotiable as most blogs have sitemeters or an equivalent.  Only I can see the ip address of a particular user.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here