Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:56:28 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  CRYSTAL SPEAKS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRYSTAL SPEAKS  (Read 5424 times)
Sydney Carton

CRYSTAL SPEAKS
« on: October 23, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »

In the most eagerly awaited dramatic debut since Greta Garbo decided to speak publicly for the first time,MSS Crystal Mangum this morning ,seconded by one  Cash Michaels,openly presented her side of the Duke case.It's simple everyone is lying,including the police and Cousin Jakki(Clyde Yancy).He/she/it was never her spokesperson.She will not be bound by anything he said/she said about the two million dollar bribe.And if her parents said otherwise? Well...
   The cops gave her three different statements to sign.She had no choices.That's the way things have always gone with her.She's a natural born victim.And,yes,she was sexually assaulted that night.(Nobody got time to ask her about the infamous broomstick.)
   Anyway,she wants to get into a Georgia University for her hiigher studie.To what does she object in Duke Afro-American Studies?Nobody asked her that either.
   Full links tomorrow.
    Right now Troy Davis,losing, needs us more  than the Dukies,who really scored on points today.
Sydney Carton

Re: CRYSTAL SPEAKS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »

Crystal Says:
      http://www.wral.com/news/video/3800344/

Among muchr balderdash Mss.Mangum makes  one clearly accurate statement ,"I am not just someone who frames innocent Duke students."
   This is true:she also tried to frame her ex-husband for attempted murder;she tried to frame three other men for rape,;she charged either one -or perhaps two-of her family members  with sexually abusing her children;she tried to run down a cop,and she has even tried to charge her corroborating witnesses,Kim,Cousin Jakki ,the cops who covered for her,and even her beloved parents with trying to throw her case.
   Still this utter ingrate and leech will be best remembered  as "just someone  who frames innocent Duke students".
Sydney Carton

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »

Ex-Duke player's family denounces memoir's claims

10/23/2008

Associated Press
http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D940D76G0.html

A statement from Phil Seligmann, father of exonerated former Duke lacrosse player Reade Seligmann, in response to Crystal Mangum maintaining that she was assaulted at a March 2006 team party:

"It is now beyond dispute that Reade Seligmann is innocent and was the victim of demonstrably false accusations by Crystal Mangum. The attorney general of North Carolina dismissed Ms. Mangum's case, finding that Reade was innocent. The former lead detective for the Durham Police Department testified under oath that Crystal Mangum 'was not telling the truth about anything.' Electronic records, including cellular telephone calls and ATM photographs, proved Reade Seligmann was not even present when Ms. Mangum claimed the assault occurred. The forensic DNA findings revealed between five and nine different male profiles in and on Ms. Mangum — none of which matched any person on the Duke men's lacrosse team. Ms. Mangum showed no injuries consistent with the beating and sexual assault that she claimed had occurred.

"Ms. Mangum's 'manuscript' is simply a pathetic attempt to further her need to remain in the public eye at the expense of demonstrably innocent individuals. Her incoherent passages are not based on facts, but are quite simply false ramblings. She ignores all of the verifiable facts of the case. The individuals associated with her publication of this 'manuscript' are seeking to advance themselves by associating with a woman who has a dubious past.

"No crime of any kind took place involving Ms. Mangum or any member of the Duke men's lacrosse team.

"We are presently evaluating all available legal options. If Ms. Mangum and those associated with her continue to slander Reade, we will have no choice and will not hesitate to utilize those options."
 SC
  Joe Cheshire,who represented David Evans,has also issued a statement suggesting further action may be necessary.
  The simplest device might be impounding profits(if any)from the book.In the worst possible scenario,it could  yet become required reading in feminist anger-not to mention abnormal psychology - classes across the country.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/duke_lacrosse/story/1266850.html

Published: Oct 24, 2008 12:30 AM
Modified: Oct 24, 2008 02:06 AM
Crystal Gail Mangum brushed aside questions at a news conference Thursday.

Woman in Duke case ends silence
Assault did occur, her new book says
Anne Blythe, Staff Writer Comment on this story
DURHAM - Crystal Gail Mangum, the discredited accuser in the Duke lacrosse case, faced the media Thursday for the first time since her allegations turned the lives of three players and their teammates upside down.

But any insights into the contentious case were few and far between.

Mangum, who has been described as the pawn of a rogue prosecutor, sidestepped fundamental questions -- such as what she would say to the exonerated players, how often she met with the district attorney and why there were so many contradictions in her accounts of the March 2006 spring break lacrosse team party.

"I have no comments about the details of the case," Mangum said Thursday morning to a crowd of reporters at the Know Bookstore near the N.C. Central University campus.

With many of the particulars of her life already splashed across Web news sites and blogs, Mangum has decided to tell her story the way she wants it told. That version is "The Last Dance for Grace, Crystal Gail Mangum," a 200-page memoir that she co-authored with Vincent "Ed" Clark, a self-employed publicist from Eastern North Carolina.

Mangum, wearing a conservative gray suit and sporting a stylish bob, portrayed a dramatically different image from the stumbling one of her in photos from the team party two and a half years ago. The mother of three, who recently graduated from NCCU, said she hoped to go to graduate school and get a doctorate.

"Many people have tried to use my name and my past to intimidate me, to make me believe that I was a nobody," Mangum told reporters. "I'm a real person. I have feelings. I'm not just an exotic dancer. I'm not just someone who tried to frame someone who was innocent of sexual assault. My only intentions were for justice, and I wanted justice for myself."
[SC:
  Justice can be a terrible thing. But,since Crystal has already received considerable mercy, and as she still hypocritically professes to demand justice, may the state of North Carolina finally  bestow upon her precisely what she asks and so well deserves.]

Despite State Attorney General Roy Cooper's declaration in April 2007 that there was no evidence of an assault of any kind at the lacrosse team party, Mangum continues to assert that she was sexually assaulted at that house, an allegation that draws ire from defense attorneys.

Dave Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann, the three players accused of gang-rape, spent 13 months of their lives fighting what the state's top prosecutor described as a rogue prosecution. In April 2007, Cooper dismissed all charges against the three, issuing a rare declaration of innocence.

'Really pathetic'

"Her press conference and her continued assertion that an assault happened is really pathetic," said Joseph B. Cheshire V, a Raleigh lawyer who represented Evans.

"She says she's writing this book to help other people, and what she's continuing to do by lying is continuing to hurt people, including women who really are victims of sexual assault. She's clearly doing this to make money. By continuing to lie, she makes everything in the book, everything she says, a lie."

David Rudolf and other lawyers representing Seligmann say they will consider legal action against Mangum if she continues to assert that a crime happened.

"Her incoherent passages are not based on facts, but are quite simply false ramblings," the lawyers said in a statement. "She ignores all of the verifiable facts of the case. The individuals associated with her publication of this 'manuscript' are seeking to advance themselves by associating with a woman who has a dubious past."

'Everyone can learn'

The vanity publication is not a rehash of the case that ended the law career of former District Attorney Mike Nifong, according to its creators. It is, they say, an attempt to close a tumultuous chapter for a team, a mother of three and a city.

"It's not only about my hardships, but it's also about the good times I've had in my life," Mangum said. "It's important for me to let people know who I am, not only because of the rumors and the awful things that were said about me but because everyone can learn from my situation."

Mangum, who has suffered from alcohol abuse and mental problems, said she wanted to share her experience in a positive way.

At times on Thursday, she wiped away tears. "A lot of things went wrong in my case," she said.

Mangum's only published media interview prior to Thursday was with Samiha Khanna, a former reporter at The News & Observer who spent 15 minutes with the accuser shortly after Durham police ordered DNA tests for all but one member of the lacrosse team.

Mangum's words from that interview rallied an empathetic crowd to her side. But over the course of the next year, as three Duke lacrosse players were held hostage by serious charges for crimes they did not commit, Mangum's words undermined her credibility.

Nifong, the former district attorney who pushed ahead with the case despite a lack of evidence, was stripped of his law license and ousted from office for withholding evidence and other misconduct during his prosecution.

Mangum quickly disappeared from the bookstore after a short question-and-answer session. Reporters and bloggers who had chased after her story for years were left again with many questions.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:27:29 PM »

Here is Crystal's blogsite:
     http://www.danceforgrace.com/

It features a pair of ballerina legs, which are definitely not Crystal's  and it has pictures of the two most conspicuous of Crystal's four known drivers,Jariel Johnson and Brian Taylor(the latter of whom set up the Duke gig with Allure).Taylor really looks the thug everyone has assured us that he is.
  Jariel once freely admitted to the police(check the archives here) that he had driven Crystal on several of her predatory stalks just prior to the Duke party and that he was paid in sex.Now that's all changed utterly;the woman's pure as the driven snow-at the Durham dump.
   It further appears that each copy of the book is printed out ,one to one,on order.
    All of which  yet further indicates that Crystal's co-author and publisher,Vincent Clark,knows quite well that he is issuing a pack of quite clumsy and transparent lies.

Sydney Carton

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

KC Johnson will have the Re-Harmonizer crowd howling at the moon with his in-progress demolition of Crystal's( and friends) first foray into literature.
   He not only explains the "document" he,much better, explains the authors and editors.
      There are four articles so-far(starting with "Shameless") and  much further to come.To-day's effort("Crystal Does the Party") is priceless;he simply runs Crystal's most recent words against the contemporaneous,mechanically timed , photographs of what she did at the party.
   Bill O'Reilly is promising an investigation of the editors  behind Crystal by next week.He need go no further than KC's data to make his night.
      http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2008/10/crystal-does-party.html

Sydney Carton

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

An easy to read  guide to pertinent libel and slander laws may be found here:
         http://www.medialaw.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Public_Resources/Libel_FAQs/Libel_FAQs.htm#What%20is%20Libel?

Except for Bill O'Reilly's threat(now nearly a week old) to investigate the people behind the fraud the National, and Durham, mass media(The Duke Chronicle is not mass media) have remained completely silent on Crystal's most recent regurgitations.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »

We regret to report that Ms.Mangum is-once again- cheating.
      Despite the fact that we regard her  as one of the most devious,narcissistic,gross minded and foul tongued witnesses in the history of American law,this blog has printed(and will continue to print) links to every single bit of testimony and argument that she and her supporters have adduced on her behalf.
   However,Crystal and her pals have opened up what purports to be an information web site but are in fact ,according to several complaints we have received,refusing to answer-or even print-any of the numerous cogent questions which are being addressed to Crystal in the most studiously polite terminology.
   If she and her friends don't dare print criticism,let them just print a notice to that effect,so prospective customers can know with exactly what kind of mentality they are dealing.
MarkRougemont

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:13:56 AM »

From SC,
  "KC Johnson will have the Re-Harmonizer crowd howling at the moon"

Surely you don't equate the Re-Harmonizer crowd with the gang of 88?

Too funny.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »

MR
    Surely you don't equate the Re-Harmonizer crowd with the gang of 88?

Too funny.

SC
   Course not.DIW will inevitably cause  Reharmonizers to bay at the Moon even should   Crystal and her friends refrain from further publication.
   Seriously Crytal's remaining friends,if any, among the "88" ers have been surprisingly silent.The preface to her book is written by an out-of-town professor; Crystal further says she wants to go to an out of state university though her admirers should be -easily -able to provide her with a lucrative scholarship in Duke Afro-American Studies;and I do not find any of the usual Duke suspects attending her promotions or inserting laudatory reviews in the numerous publications to which they hold access.
  At least three or four of the "88"ers are admired by the Reharmonizer blog.Perhaps Reharmonizer could commission  these particular 88ers to write a collective "Apologia Pro Suum Vitum"or "Crystal Redivius".
   On the other hand, since Duke in settling with C,D and R did not cover potential Duke faculty liabilities against the coach or rest of the Lacosse team,their handlers may well be advising them to say absolutely nothing-not even something nice at this juncture-about Duke athletes.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

We(and everyone else) previously missed this tidbit  from "feralchild" but it deserves to be
a permanent part of the Mangum dossier.Everytime we think Crystal is finished she incites yet another being to fresh politicized acts of lunatic crime.
   Police Became Suspicious On Finding A Copy Of “Last Dance For Grace: The Crystal Mangum Story” In The Victim’s Handbag
Posted: October 24th, 2008 |
Ashley Todd, the woman who reported that an assailant carved a letter “B” in her face for having a John McCain bumper sticker, should be disgraced.

She now admits that she made the superficial wound herself.  Bloggers and commentators on the right, by no means including those who expressed skepticism, but definitely including those who leaped on this dubious story, should be ashamed.

Sydney Carton

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

Here are just a few questions about which Crystal and her handlers are not speaking.
       From Quasimodo over at Liestoppers.blogspot:
      The media was very quick to start covering the phony lax accusations.

It was not slack about reporting about the homes, incomes, and pecadillos of the accused. In fact, there was little that we were not informed about them; and their character descriptions were borrowed from a pre-set template (one size fits all).

But in all the melee, several questions remained unasked. Perhaps now it is still not too late
for the media to go back and try and find the answers (for the sake of tying up some of the loose ends).

For example, (in random order),

Who were the prominent Durhamites who were regular patrons of the Platinum club?

Were any members of the DPD regular patrons of the Platinum club?

What was Crystal doing that night before the Buchanan house party?

What was she doing afterward?

Has Crystal (or Kim) ever performed for NCCU students?

Have strippers ever been hired by NCCU students or any NCCU organization? (That's a fair question, considering the circumstances; but one that the media never asked.)

Who were the other individuals whose DNA was discovered by DNASI (whose privacy had to be so protected)?

[ snip]

How many of the other approximately 100 rape claims in Durham each year have been followed by protest marches, vigils, demonstrators with banners, and/or received any news coverage? (Consider the answer; and then consider, Was the Duke coverage by the media "objective"?)

In what way--and exactly why--was the Duke case treated so differently? (Understanding this is a key to understanding why the attempted frame-up was able to nearly succeed. It is necessary background; reading "I Am Charlotte Simmons" does not provide any background on why the frame-up attempt could nearly succeed in Durham in the 21st century.)

[snip]

Is Crystal related to various past and present prominet figures in the NC and VA NAACP?

That's for starters.

One would think that any Durham media outlet would want to look into these matters as a way of understanding what happened. So far, there have been only a surface examination.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here