Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2017, 12:39:55 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Crimes 'R Us: Crimes in the News  |  Current Cases  |  No rape charges in De Anza case 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No rape charges in De Anza case  (Read 101980 times)
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

Re: No rape charges in De Anza case
« Reply #825 on: June 02, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »

I'm sure they meant well but evidence was destoyed in the mean time, witnesses stumbled off. It would have been far smarter to call police and I have to question why they didn't. If you really believe a crime is taking place you call 911.

I'd call 911 for emergencies, but I'd call the police for crimes. Unless time was of the essence.
When you call 911, the dispatcher asks the nature of the emergency and directs the appropriate people to the scene. In reality, frequent response for a request for an ambulance, police or fireman - usually brings all three.  I think the soccer players did not want to bring the police in on the event.  Probably, because every one was drunk. The soccer players have no credibility to me and or it looks like, the D,

You, apparently, did not understand the reasons DA Carr gave for not prosecuting the case.

QT
vegas

« Reply #826 on: June 02, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »

imho, you don't have access to the AV's description of the night, do you?

Or how about the other forty witnesses?

So I guess your constant repetition of the same two witnesses who keep contradicting themselves is the only thing you've got?

Why don't you correct vegas's assertion that the DA obviously did not believe the soccer women?

Well, then why is no one indicted?  i
niffari glynn

« Reply #827 on: June 02, 2007, 08:10:41 PM »

I'm sure they meant well but evidence was destoyed in the mean time, witnesses stumbled off. It would have been far smarter to call police and I have to question why they didn't. If you really believe a crime is taking place you call 911.

I'd call 911 for emergencies, but I'd call the police for crimes. Unless time was of the essence.

Where do you live? 911 is the number for police and all emergencies where I live. How else do you call police?
Bessy

« Reply #828 on: June 02, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »

I want to see a picture of the guy who would have sex with a falling down drunk female, with vomit all over her face. Are you serious - not happening.

Do you think the women made this up?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/13370961/detail.html

"When I looked in, I saw about ten pairs of legs surrounding a girl, lying on the mattress on the floor and a guy on top of her with his pants down and his hips thrusting on top of her," recall Chief Elk. "And when I saw that I knew immediately something wasn't right. It just didn't look right."

"This poor girl was not moving. She had vomit dribbling down her face. We had to scoop vomit out of her mouth [and] lift her up. Her pants were completely off her body," says Chief Elk. "She had her one shoe one, her jeans were wrapped around one of her ankles and her underwear was left around her ankles. To the left of the bed there was some condom thrown on the ground."

Why did they not call 911 when they observed the scene and thought it was rape?  Did they ever explain that?

Yes, they said they thought they could get her out of the house faster themselves rather than waiting for a response to a call for help.

I wonder why David Evans didn't do just that when he realized two party attendees removed money from the accuser's purse?  He goes to Duke - not De Anza College - he must be smarter than those soccer women!
Cause he told them to put the money back.
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #829 on: June 02, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »

I want to see a picture of the guy who would have sex with a falling down drunk female, with vomit all over her face. Are you serious - not happening.

Do you think the women made this up?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/13370961/detail.html

"When I looked in, I saw about ten pairs of legs surrounding a girl, lying on the mattress on the floor and a guy on top of her with his pants down and his hips thrusting on top of her," recall Chief Elk. "And when I saw that I knew immediately something wasn't right. It just didn't look right."

"This poor girl was not moving. She had vomit dribbling down her face. We had to scoop vomit out of her mouth [and] lift her up. Her pants were completely off her body," says Chief Elk. "She had her one shoe one, her jeans were wrapped around one of her ankles and her underwear was left around her ankles. To the left of the bed there was some condom thrown on the ground."

Why did they not call 911 when they observed the scene and thought it was rape?  Did they ever explain that?

Yes, they said they thought they could get her out of the house faster themselves rather than waiting for a response to a call for help.

I wonder why David Evans didn't do just that when he realized two party attendees removed money from the accuser's purse?  He goes to Duke - not De Anza College - he must be smarter than those soccer women!
Cause he told them to put the money back.

That doesn't undo the theft.

QT
vegas

« Reply #830 on: June 02, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »

Where do you live? 911 is the number for police and all emergencies where I live. How else do you call police?

That is universally true in the USA. 311 in Vegas is a non-emergent number.  The Dispatcher will switch the caller to 911, if he/she decides it is really an emergency call.  Not calling 911 in an emergency is criminal.  The Medics get these ASAP and start treatment in the house.  Very bad and questionable decision on the soccer players part. If you are going to do it, go to the closest facility.
niffari glynn

« Reply #831 on: June 02, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »

That is universally true in the USA. 311 in Vegas is a non-emergent number.  The Dispatcher will switch the caller to 911, if he/she decides it is really an emergency call.  Not calling 911 in an emergency is criminal.  The Medics get these ASAP and start treatment in the house.  Very bad and questionable decision on the soccer players part. If you are going to do it, go to the closest facility.

Thanks. I was scared for a minute. You're right about calling emergency. The rule is always, always, always call emergency. You can never get a person treatment as fast as the medics. I have  a toddler so I know that rule very well.
TalkLeft
Administrator

« Reply #832 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »

There's a new thread on this case. This one is closing due to having over 800 comments.

http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/topic,1623.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here