Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:59:46 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  What changes should happen in the Durham DA's office 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What changes should happen in the Durham DA's office  (Read 5989 times)
Sydney Carton

Re: What changes should happen in the Durham DA's office
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »

iindyweek.com    April 23,2008
 She told the Independent that police officers came to her asking advice about what paperwork to complete, a search warrant or a non-testimonial order, and when they had completed the paperwork, filed it with then Assistant District Attorney David Saacks, who signed it. "I didn't sign anything," Cline said. "All I did was advise them, which I should do on every single case. Under the same situation, any district attorney would do the same thing. The statute requires you to do that."

Saacks corroborated Cline's account under oath during Nifong's criminal contempt hearing.
  SC:
  Saacks corroborated exactly what? That he signed the paper which they handed him?
     "All I did was advise them..."in other words she advised them to proceed with a fake warrant and  pleads that the law required her to advise them."...any DA  would do the same thing" By "the same thing" she apparently refers to the general verb "advise",but surely she cannot be referring  to the specific advice which she provvided the Duke Dorm Raiders.Or does she now imply that they ignored her specific pieces of advice when they made the raid? That is certainly not what she has yet said .
   And,yes,two appointed DA's have occupied  the office between Nifong and Cline and neither,as far as the record concerned ,has made any internal investigation,though Hardin did call for the State or the Feds to make the Lacrosse investigation which he realized was too hot to make himself.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here