Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:56:42 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  What is the current situation with Levicy? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the current situation with Levicy?  (Read 25311 times)
debann

Re: What is the current situation with Levicy?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2007, 08:55:26 AM »

Certainly there would be a record if later edits had been made, however, it would probably require a technical expert to determine that.   I imagine it is unlikely that she would make later edits, not least because most people would realize that such changes would be detectable.

I guess it depends upon how soon after the hand written notes were made the electronic record was made, assuming there was one.

There was an electronic record plus handwritten notes. I'm pretty sure editing the record would have the time the edit was entered so I don't think there would be any reason for a technical expert to have to determine that.

It would be interesting to see how both compare (electronic vs handwritten notes) and when they were composed.
Sarah

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »

It really depends on the system being used, some will indicate when a record was last amended/edited, but not what part was amended.

According to the suit - paragraphs 651 to 652 - Levicy did not hand over parts of the SANE report until about three weeks after the examination, however, I agree that is not proof she falsified it
vegas

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2007, 11:18:58 AM »

this is how it works = If going to change a written nurses note or report = we must draw a line thought the part we are changing and write OMIT - the old part must be left and any changes written in the blank space below the OMIT.  You can not destroy the original record and write a new one.  All of this is or suppossed to be on record. I would have thought the AG would have noted any changes.  I don't know if Duke has an electronic record but that is the easiest thing in the world to discover if any changes. Off to the Airport and Happy Holidays/  Glad to see folk coming back to the board.
A Son of Martha

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2007, 08:16:39 PM »

From the new lawsuit:

b. Mangum’s SAE was Abandoned and Never Completed
299. At approximately 9:00 a.m., Defendant Julie Manly, Duke Physician, initiated the
SAE with Defendant Levicy in tow. Manly conducted the SAE, while Levicy
filled in the blanks and checked boxes on the pre-printed SAER.
300. Defendant Manly never completed Mangum’s SAE; it was abandoned in
midstream because Mangum refused to allow the exam to continue.

651. Levicy falsified the SANE report to support her own and the Investigators’
fabrications. For example:
(1) Levicy did not produce a significant portions of the SAER until April 5,
2006 weeks after DUMC’s March 21, 2006, production of medical records.
In the intervening time, Levicy re-created those portions of the SAER that
were not completed on March 14th after the SAE was abandoned. On April
5, 2006, Levicy produced the remaining material portions of the SAER to
Gottlieb, including what Levicy claims to be a handwritten transcription of
the SANE interview of Mangum, and several pages containing strike-outs
and other addenda that do not conform to the facts of the SANE exam, but
instead attempted to conform the SANE exam to what Levicy understood to
be the evidence at the time. For example:
(a) Levicy falsified the medical record of Mangum’s SAE by fabricating
a transcript of her interview of Mangum in order to conform the
SANE interview to what Gottlieb reported in his sensationalized
application for the NTID Order to be Mangum’s account of the
sexual assault;
Case 1:07-cv-00953 Document 2 Filed 12/18/2007 Page 224 of 379

(b) Levicy falsified the medical record of Mangum’s SAE by revising
and annotating Mangum’s contemporaneous responses on the preprinted
SAER forms to conform them to the evidence police
believed existed at the time. By way of illustration, on one of the
late-submitted pages of the SAER, a question asked if any efforts
were made to conceal evidence. Levicy’s original notation, “no,”
was struck through, and the (formerly empty) “yes” blank was
checked. Further, a handwritten notation near the revision states,
“wiped her off with a rag.” In this revision Levicy conformed the
SAER with the fact a towel containing semen had been seized during
the search of 610 N. Buchanan. However, after Levicy submitted
this page on April 5th, police and Nifong learned that, although the
towel did contain semen matching one of the residents (who was
then a suspect), Mangum’s DNA was not on the towel.

Jail time is approaching.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »

Tony Soprano singles out the following gem from  Levicy's final interview with Gottlieb and Himan on January 10th,2006, just two days before Nifong threw in the sponge and turned the case over to the AG.
   This is the only Levicy interview which  the DPD chose to record in full-almost exactly ten months after Crystal's never completed rape examination:

"Ms.Levicy BROUGHT UP the rape kit and pubic hair coverings.Ms.Levicy stated that CM was completely shaved in the pubiic region and that was the reason no pubic hair was found."

This statement is certainly untrue as Mehan admittedly examined pubic hair materials which produced positive results; it did not implicate the players.
   (Were Gottlieb and Himan trying to prove Meehan planted false evidence on them?Just joking,probably.)
   The State fail to challenge Levicy on  this one at Nifong's disbarment hearing. She will not be so lucky the next time,if the process servers  can find her.
   This glaring inconsistency

Sydney Carton

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »

Kethra,an experienced SANE nurse,has been,for many months, one of Levicy 's harshest critics. During  the last couple of days at LS,she is  revisng and augmenting her previous critiques in the light of the allegations contained in the most recent suit.To sum up her extensive resume: Duke has been providing impossibly irresponsable  treatment to alleged rape victims and failing to educate its staff,like Leviciy, in the most elementary procedures.The University is liable,big time.
    Personally (of many) I like this one:
     "  As late as Nifongs Bar hearing she was still holding forth that she observed injury 'congruent"
' with sexual assault. That is Perjury since she didn't observe anything. She was simply a note taker. I assure you there is not enough room between a woman's legs for two people to peek through the speculum for observation. So unless Manly lied about being the one to do the pelvic exam (she didn't), Levicy didn't see anything other than sheet draped knees."
Sarah

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

The more I read about Levicy, the more she sounds like a fantasist or Walter Mitty type character, in addition to whatever agenda or ideological views she might have I wonder if there was a need to appear important and involved.

I am not suggesting Munchhausen by Proxy syndrome exactly, but by promoting the fantasy that Mangum was raped and exaggerating her own role in the SANE would boost her own importance and role in the drama.

Sydney Carton

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2008, 03:40:01 PM »

Sarah:
    I am not suggesting Munchhausen by Proxy syndrome exactly, but by promoting the fantasy that Mangum was raped and exaggerating her own role in the SANE would boost her own importance and role in the drama.

Does  Durham(and Duke) LE  form  one vast,mutual,Self-deception Socirty?
             Nifong,Gottlieb,Meehan,Crystal,Levicy,Wahneema...
              "She feeds on me.I feed on her...There is a small worm that you do not see."
                  Charles Williams("Seed of Adam"), a very great poet whom I have  long been
               looking to work into this blog sometime.         

Sydney Carton

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »

A multi-thousand word analysis of Tara Levicy's testamony ,complete  with dozens of references,photographs and  films of Tara  has been posted over at Liestoppers on Tuesday and Friday of this week(May 13th and 16th).
   It is done without any invective  or personal recrimination and,considering its vast documentation , it is,accordingly, through its moderation of tone, one of the most comprehensive and devastating examples of pure logic which I have yet seen expanded on this case.
   The author is "Sceptical" who should be quite proud of his presentation.
        It will  prove  of considerable use to the plaintiffs  when Levicy is deposed in the two later suits filed against Duke and Durham.(Duke settled on  behalf oof all its employees in the original complaint brought by Collin,Reade and Dave.)
Sydney Carton

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »

We are delighted to finally be able to report something(aside from the concerned  posts by Vegas) about Tara.
   According to the following source she recently raised  $ 190 in a bicycling race for a Dartmouth Cancer Center.
   https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=262683&lis=1&kntae262683=6FE4C071184E4DA59989FAF0380C5930&supId=205591509
   If she bicycles fast enough she may be able to escape the process servers who will wish to compel her attendance in Durham during the forthcoming discovery hearings.
vegas

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 05:03:46 PM »

We are delighted to finally be able to report something(aside from the concerned  posts by Vegas) about Tara.
   According to the following source she recently raised  $ 190 in a bicycling race for a Dartmouth Cancer Center.
   https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=262683&lis=1&kntae262683=6FE4C071184E4DA59989FAF0380C5930&supId=205591509
   If she bicycles fast enough she may be able to escape the process servers who will wish to compel her attendance in Durham during the forthcoming discovery hearings.

Stanley - still waiting for the suponeas. Bob E. might be too busy with Andy G's case.
Check out Bob E.'s pleading where he writes "Defendent Manly never  completed the exam,  It was ABANONDED midsteam because Magnum  REFUSED to let the exam be completed."  These sentences are in direct conflict with each other and an example of the misinformation written about the exam, Dr Manly and Nurse Tara.  Should Crystal have been tied down and forced to have the exam???
I read where Dr Manly is in Idaho and will be working with Doctors without Borders.  One of the most honorable Organizations in existence.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »

vegas

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »

Stella,
    Here's the full reference.
       http://www.healthgrades.com/consumer/index.cfm?fuseaction=modplain&modtype=prc&modact=prc_profile&hgid=HGPY4EA542D49DB04050A&tv_lid=lnk_physname
                Stanley K.

Sydney - So sorry about the wrong name.   I must be on Olympic overload.
As always, DUMC completed its obligation by collecting swabs and materials for the Rape Kit. SBI tested the stuff and found no matching DNA for the team.  Nifong ignored this science and continued his bid for election by the outrageous stuff we saw on TV, including but not limited to the Choke.   In my view, the whole mess was that simple.  Stella Vegas
Sydney Carton

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

Just in thiese last five minutes from "sceptical"at LS.Friend Vegas will radically dissent.
      http://www.ena.org/bcen/cen/4th-Qtr-2008.asp

The website of the Board of Certification of Emergency Nurses (BCEN) lists Tara Levicy of New Hampshire
as an Certified Emergency Nurse.

Since Ms. Levicy had to give up her SANE activities, she apparently has continued her work in the Emergency Department of a hospital near Dartmouth, New Hampshire.

The certification process is described in the BCEN website:
http://www.ena.org/bcen/cen/CENdefault.asp

One wonders if lying, altering medical records, and attempting frame-ups are considered among the qualities of applicants to become Board-Certified in Emergency Nursing.
vegas

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »

Obviously, the Governoring boards in NC, NH or Emergency Nursing don't agree with the claims made against this nurse.  They are the folk responsible for oversight of the Nursing Profession and have granted her not only a Nursing License but an ED Certification.  ED Cert is to Same as Neurosurgery is to cleaning bed pans.  That little old fourty hour SANE course given at the YWCA is nothing compared to the multiple tasks and knowledge required of an ED Cert Nurse. I suggest that Nurse Levicy blew off the SANE gig and not the other way around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here