Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:58:27 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  What is the current situation with Levicy? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the current situation with Levicy?  (Read 25313 times)
niffari glynn

Re: What is the current situation with Levicy?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 05:28:09 AM »

Levicy did NOT "induce" Crystal Mangum into making her rape claim.  Crystal made the claim at Durham Access, not at DUMC.

I don't know of any lies Levicy told.  She obviously believed Crystal, as did a number of people.  For example, I don't think Levicy ever used the word "injuries;" I think "injuries" were assumed from her description and that word was inserted later.

So I don't see what exactly Levicy did to make her "horrible" or to send her to prison.

I agree with you. Levicy may have overstepped her authority and role as a SANE but it's clear from Mangum's record that she was and probably is still capable of making the most outlandish claims about just about anyone. She needs no help or encouragement.

That said, I can't imagine she's working as a SANE anywhere. How could she possible take the stand except in the most obvious cases of assault? Her jusgement or lack of it is too easy to discredit.
cecelia

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 05:44:02 AM »

Levicy used the term"blunt force trauma."  Levicy wrote that Mangum had said the rapists ejaculated. She wrote Mangun said they used no condoms.

Later, when The DNA gave the lie to Mangums claims, Levicy, on her own now, switched stories. Well, maybe, the victim couldn't remember,...well, no ejaculation just means rape is about power, well, maybe, poor little bitty victim girl was just confused.
Let me, Nurse Levicy, fill in the blanks, change the storyline, fill the holes so we can git ourselves three nice convictions.
MarkRougemont

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 06:48:02 AM »

Levicy used the term"blunt force trauma."  Levicy wrote that Mangum had said the rapists ejaculated. She wrote Mangun said they used no condoms.

Later, when The DNA gave the lie to Mangums claims, Levicy, on her own now, switched stories. Well, maybe, the victim couldn't remember,...well, no ejaculation just means rape is about power, well, maybe, poor little bitty victim girl was just confused.
Let me, Nurse Levicy, fill in the blanks, change the storyline, fill the holes so we can git ourselves three nice convictions.

Actually Gotleib asked Levicy if the accusers condition was consistant with blunt force trauma. 

cecelia

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 08:13:23 AM »

And she said yes.

Condone the rest of her actions, Mark.
MarkRougemont

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 08:32:19 AM »

And she said yes.

Condone the rest of her actions, Mark.

I don't believe her comment on the condom issue did anything to further the hoax, Nifong himself excused that one in the media.  As far as her opinion regarding rape and power, it was unprofessional but did nothing to further the hoax either.  Her initial report of the exam is understandable and her opinion justified based on her observations, in my opinion.  Again, my belief is that her role in the hoax has been overstated.
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 09:42:16 AM »

Mark:  I don't believe her comment on the condom issue did anything to further the hoax, Nifong himself excused that one in the media.  As far as her opinion regarding rape and power, it was unprofessional but did nothing to further the hoax either.  Her initial report of the exam is understandable and her opinion justified based on her observations, in my opinion.  Again, my belief is that her role in the hoax has been overstated.

Mark, Levicy's comments were the only "scientific" basis that a rape occurred. Your belief is irrelevant. Nifong's claims are not.

However, I do think that the mob can put down the torches. I doubt that Levicy is going to find work as a SANE nurse any time soon. Unless she's going to be the target of a lawsuit (and I don't think she will be) then I say let her disappear back into the Maine woods.
MarkRougemont

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

However, I do think that the mob can put down the torches. I doubt that Levicy is going to find work as a SANE nurse any time soon. Unless she's going to be the target of a lawsuit (and I don't think she will be) then I say let her disappear back into the Maine woods.

When Bob says let it go, my irrvelevent belief is that it is certainly time to do that.
cpamba

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

When Bob says let it go, my irrvelevent belief is that it is certainly time to do that.

Hello no.  She needs to do some prison time.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Sydney Carton on October 02, 2007, 05:03:18 PM
   Vegas,you volunteered to stop  further reiterating your opinions concerning this woman.Pray oblige us.

Vegas
Go Away - I was writing about criminal suits - Is this a reading comprehensin problem?

You weren't writing about criminal suits.You wrote about "a few"  bloggers " reinforcing each other " "in the court of public opinion" Period. You cannot legally bring criminal charges in the court of public opinion.
   Wait,I take that back.Whether legal or not, Nancy and Wendy  do it all the time.
MarkRougemont

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »

Hello no.  She needs to do some prison time.

Still a witch hunt.  Not everyone is part of some great and mysterious conspiracy here, not everyone with an opinion on sexual assault or a supporter of possible rape victims is in on the 'hoax'.  Not everyone that says the team behaved badly needs to see jail time or be hounded or harassed.  Not everybody that doesn't desire revenge or payback for the rest of their lives is an enabler or a troll or a willing contributor to a secret scheme to see the players in jail for 30 years.

Levicy made some statements that were unprofessional.  I guess some feelings were hurt as a result.  Some people want her to burn at the stake probably after she is shot, electrocuted, drowned, and drawn and quartered, then put in jail for a whole 24 hours, simply because she wrote a report that said the accuser had signs and symptoms consistant with a sexual assault, then she didn't denounce the whole thing when the case started to fall apart and join the happy blog hooligan crowd calling for Nifong's head.

I just don't see it, her initial report is justified,  her role is overstated, her participation in a hoax is rediculous, and the calls for her scalp are unwarranted.

cecelia

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »

She is a menace as a Sane nurse. She is too agenda driven to be a reliable conveyor of fact.

She is willing to twist her own written statements to assist in obtaining convictions.

Let her get a job at Walmart.
Sydney Carton

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »

C:She is willing to twist her own written statements to assist in obtaining convictions.

Then she could frame people,like Elmo,for shoplifting.
cecelia

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »

C:She is willing to twist her own written statements to assist in obtaining convictions.

Then she could frame people,like Elmo,for shoplifting.

My mistake. You are so very correct, S.C.
cpamba

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 07:27:16 AM »

She lied solely to advance her feminist agenda . . . while putting the freedom of three innocent men in seroius jeapardy.  Nothing less than imprisonment is acceptable.  I pray she is hounded every day for the rest of her life until she is charged, convicted and imprisoned.
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:15 AM »

Levicy quickly sold her house and moved to New Hampshire. She is currently licensed as a nurse there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here