Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 01:58:17 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Why did the Duke lacrosse case pique so much interest across the nation... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did the Duke lacrosse case pique so much interest across the nation...  (Read 7396 times)
henwy

Re: Why did the Duke lacrosse case pique so much interest across the nation...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 05:54:16 PM »

I assumed the players were guilty when I first heard about the case. Didn't think too much of it other than to roll my eyes and mutter about how it's amazing what asshats will do. It wasn't until some of the evidence started leaking out that I began to wonder if my first impressions were spot on. It was the DNA results that really changed things though. That's when I started blogging the case and I was amazed at how things continued to snowball. i thought for sure that the DNA results would have ended the situation. By then there were huge info-dumps if you knew where to find it. Chrystal's inconsistant statements to police, the timestamp photos, seligmann's alibi, the taxi driver, the neighbor, etc. I ended up latching on to the story because of sheer incredulity that it was still chugging along and so many people could be so abysmally stupid and blind. My amazement and disbelief has shifted more to a sense of dread as I realize there are still proverbial potbangers out there unwilling to give up the ghost. It makes me wonder if they suffer from mental defects or if maybe eugenics should be given another whirl.
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »

I assumed the players were guilty when I first heard about the case. Didn't think too much of it other than to roll my eyes and mutter about how it's amazing what asshats will do. It wasn't until some of the evidence started leaking out that I began to wonder if my first impressions were spot on. It was the DNA results that really changed things though. That's when I started blogging the case and I was amazed at how things continued to snowball. i thought for sure that the DNA results would have ended the situation. By then there were huge info-dumps if you knew where to find it. Chrystal's inconsistant statements to police, the timestamp photos, seligmann's alibi, the taxi driver, the neighbor, etc. I ended up latching on to the story because of sheer incredulity that it was still chugging along and so many people could be so abysmally stupid and blind. My amazement and disbelief has shifted more to a sense of dread as I realize there are still proverbial potbangers out there unwilling to give up the ghost. It makes me wonder if they suffer from mental defects or if maybe eugenics should be given another whirl.

Starting with the blogger of "Justice 4 two sisters" fame.  Welcome Henwy.  Good to have you here. 

FU
MarkRougemont

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »

It's funny, I thought I would go back and look at my very first post here back in September because I am not sure why I had such an interest in the case. What I found was not so much why I had an interest but why I started posting here. My favorite posters I mentioned in my first post were Tony S, Newport, pjr, and imho. How things change over time and how they remain the same.
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 12:24:19 PM »

I'm going to be gone and away from internet connections for the next couple of weeks. I don't know if this board will be here when I get back, so if it's gone, so long to the many keen minds here who have discussed the case. I've enjoyed your company. For those who care about my thoughts, I posted some stuff at my blog here:

http://southofheaven.typepad.com/south_of_heaven/2007/04/looking_back_at.html

For those of you who took umbrage with the things I wrote, I hope you get over it. To everyone, best of luck. See you around.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here