Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 01:58:45 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Why should we believe the AV's Father again? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why should we believe the AV's Father again?  (Read 25633 times)
SharonInJax

Re: Why should we believe the AV's Father again?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 04:05:13 AM »

Bob:  Like you, I cannot give up on TL.  A character flaw in me, I will not argue.  But TL was there for me, when I needed a place to go crazy.

There is something in me that will not give it up, that will not abandon this forum.  And I am glad that you, too, stay on here to keep trying to make sense of it all

No, we cannot nor should we, listen to the AV's father or mother or cousin, if we are looking for anything that will pass the test of being admitted into evidence in the main case.

But, as a parent, I must recuse myself on the issue of parental care and protection of children.

Press me and I will say that Nifong endangered the AV's children.  He made their mother keep this farce alive.

Perhaps it is my own prejudice, but I am ready, willing, and able to ignore the AV, if it will get me to Nifon.

I hold him to a higher standard, for many reasons.  I can make excuses, still, for the AV.  But there is no excuse for Nifong's  perversion of the process.
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »

I absolutely agree, Sharon. Precious abused the rape laws in order to get out of the drunk tank. Without Nifong this farce couldn't have happened. Precious would have gone home, the cops wouldn't have followed through, the case would never have been filed. Her bi-polar head wouldn't have been filled with dreams of a big payout. Jakki, Travis and the mom would have been living out their lives without guest appearances on TV.

Nifong was the greatest enabler of all. He enabled this hoax to continue. He held the people's trust and he utterly failed them. For that he should pay big time.
wagstaff

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »

I doubt that Nifong made the accuser keep these charges in play. There are only three innocent people in this travesty. Reade. Collin, and Dave. The charges came from the accuser. Her false accusations are sick perversions long before Nifong ever got a hold on her.  She came up with her bad breathe excuse. Her father made up the broomstick rape on National TV. What kind of a father would even had say something like that. even it it was true? From the ever changing story of visiting at the hospital to not knowing what happen this man has done nothing but lie. The father and daughter seem like the same person. $$$$ is the motive and they have no shame!

I don't know how Cash, the NAACP, and the local ministers couldn't have  know exactly the type of family they were dealing with. I am sure Willie Gary interviewed them and headed back to Florida for good reason.
PB

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 07:02:24 PM »

OK, I'll bite. There was no rape in Creedmor because FA was a willing sex participant. Maybe she didn't get her share of the score or the $$ and she cried rape. Why do we have to keep up this farce that FA is some kind of sainted being? Come ON!

Some places having sex with a minor is rape regardless of whether the accuser is a willing participant. Some people get this concept, some don't.
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2007, 01:55:33 AM »

weezie: OK, I'll bite. There was no rape in Creedmor because FA was a willing sex participant. Maybe she didn't get her share of the score or the $$ and she cried rape. Why do we have to keep up this farce that FA is some kind of sainted being? Come ON!

PB: Some places having sex with a minor is rape regardless of whether the accuser is a willing participant. Some people get this concept, some don't.

Apparently not in Creedmoor. Must be one of those places. Or they just didn't believe her. Maybe there was no rape in Creedmoor because THERE WAS NO RAPE IN CREEDMOOR. Just like there was no rape at 610 Buchanan.
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2007, 03:20:42 AM »

It is a bit mindboggling that Creedmoor PD had a report of the gang rape of a teenage girl and they just dropped it as if it was no big deal.

My guess is that they had to know it did not really happen.

I can't see how they could drop what must have been one of the biggest cases they ever had come up.
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »

It is a bit mindboggling that Creedmoor PD had a report of the gang rape of a teenage girl and they just dropped it as if it was no big deal.

My guess is that they had to know it did not really happen.

I can't see how they could drop what must have been one of the biggest cases they ever had come up.

The accuser's boyfriend claims he persuaded her to file the police report and that the officer said it would be difficult to pursue the case because so much time had passed.

http://p206.ezboard.com/fhackedbannedandlockeddownfrm24.showMessageRange?topicID=5.topic&start=41&stop=50

Creedmoor Police Chief Ted Pollard, who has run the department since 1994, said he has no recollection of the case or why charges were not pursued.

"There would have been no physical evidence after so much time had passed," Pollard.

QT
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »

The victim's statement.

Hospital reports.

A victim who can ID her attackers.

The house where the attack occurred was identified.

The family is now claiming the report was closer to the attack, aren't they?

Seems to be as much or more than Nifong has.

inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »

The victim's statement.

Hospital reports.

Are there hospital reports?

A victim who can ID her attackers.

The house where the attack occurred was identified.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-duke27,0,6883678.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines

According to the Creedmoor police report in August 1996, when the woman was 18, she told officers she was raped and beaten by three men "for a continual time" in 1993, when she was 14. She told police she was attacked at an "unspecified location" on a street in Creedmoor, a town 15 miles northeast of Durham.

I hadn't read that.

Seems to be as much or more than Nifong has.

Are you blaming the alleged vicitm for the Creedmoore PD's decision to not investigate the charges on the information they had?

QT
Bob In Pacifica

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2007, 07:19:14 PM »

Since the thread is about trusting Travis and not whether or not Precious was gangraped in Creedmoor, let's just go through it one more time.

When he first heard the story on TV Travis said something to the effect that those boys hadn't raped her.

To which the mother or her spokesperson said that Ma Travis and her daughter had kept it from Travis  because he is a little man and would have gone over to Creedmoor and gotten beaten up. On that statement IMHO repeatedly called me a liar for saying that it struck me as a little hinky and that someone wasn't telling the truth. That was before the later story that said that Precious had been very traumatized and had gone to the Duke ER for the rape, had a year of therapy over the rape. And in this story Travis said that he had driven to Creedmoor to the house to pick her up after the rape and that the cops were there to hand her over.

So if you believe that last story, then those Creedmoor cops were at the scene soon after the gang rape and their only concern was for Travis to take his daughter off their hands. Nothing was filed then. No arrests were made. Nifong admitted that there would be no medical records (although on reflection Nifong has lied about so much else I wouldn't take his word for it). So if we are to believe the last version of events the Creedmoor cops were there at the scene of the rape and didn't do a thing, the father and mother never did a thing, the psychiatrist who treated Precious for a year never reported the child was a victim of a gang rape and the people at the Duke ER never reported to anyone that a child victim of a gang rape had received treatment there.

Or maybe Travis will appear with Nancy Grace and explain it all.
Lousy1

Aaah chicken! Best served al dente

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »

Or Cash. After all perhaps it a paper trail, but what collor is paper?
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2007, 05:59:48 AM »

I hadn't read that.

Stick with me kid, you'll go places.
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01:54 AM »

I hadn't read that.

Stick with me kid, you'll go places.

You'll go places too, if you can support your claims.

QT
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2007, 06:10:41 AM »

You mean the question I asked about something I read?

How does one support a question?
inmyhumbleopinion

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2007, 06:29:59 AM »

You mean the question I asked about something I read?

How does one support a question?

Here's your "question:"

How about this question:

The Duke Three are now claiming they were all in the bathroom with the accuser, aren't they?

If someone were to post that, do you think they should be able to support their "question?"

QT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here