Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 01:59:12 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  A tragic end for another Duke lacrosee player 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A tragic end for another Duke lacrosee player  (Read 12278 times)
Marie

Re: A tragic end for another Duke "hooligan"
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »

God bless Ranger Regan, his family, and his friends.

The three Dukes are nothing like this young man.  The thought of using this hero's death to build up the Dukes and their families turns my stomach.  To compare this hero's sacrifice and that of his family and friends to the Duke three is offensive..

When the three Dukes enlist and go to war for our country, only then can they compare to this young man.

THERE IS A WAR GOING ON, NOT A SILLY LACROSSE GAME, SO GET A GRIP.

How do you know they're nothing like him? He and Collin went to the same high school and the coach said nice things about Collin too. That he was a good kid who met every expectation he had for him both on the field and in the classroom.

Also Regan was a member of the National Honor Society in high school. So was Collin.

I don't think you know much about any of them.
Marie

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »

If this thread ends up being closed, I would like CG's comments to be stricken from this space.  It is especially insulting and demeaning.  Not to mention ignorant.

I agree.
ChickyGirl

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »

If this thread ends up being closed, I would like CG's comments to be stricken from this space.  It is especially insulting and demeaning.  Not to mention ignorant.

I would like the "A tragic end for another Duke "hooligan" stricken from this space.  Your comments also.  They are in fact ignorant.
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 04:26:56 PM »

The three Dukes are nothing like this young man.  The thought of using this hero's death to build up the Dukes and their families turns my stomach.  To compare this hero's sacrifice and that of his family and friends to the Duke three is offensive..

When the three Dukes enlist and go to war for our country, only then can they compare to this young man.

How do you know they're nothing like him? He and Collin went to the same high school and the coach said nice things about Collin too. That he was a good kid who met every expectation he had for him both on the field and in the classroom.

Also Regan was a member of the National Honor Society in high school. So was Collin.

The thing is, "hooligan" was attached to all the players by Ni-fungu and that is the reason I used it in the title.

The other thing is is that this poor boy undoubtedly was made of the same moral fiber as the three accused.  No matter how much they kick and scream and have their "stomachs turned".

FU
Trinity Rez

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

Thank you Marie. All the negative association is fine but any positive comparison is sickening?

Marie

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 04:27:42 PM »

To Jimmy Regan

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

Amen.

I'm going to go to 5:30 Mass today and light a candle for him.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lisold0211,0,4925726.story?coll=ny-main-bigpix
OM

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »

The thing is, "hooligan" was attached to all the players by Ni-fungu and that is the reason I used it in the title.

The other thing is is that this poor boy undoubtedly was made of the same moral fiber as the three accused.  No matter how much they kick and scream and have their "stomachs turned".

You don't even know these people whose "moral fiber" you are so sure of.  This has nothing to do with the Duke case.  Stop using this poor dead soldier for your agenda.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:39:24 PM by SharonInJax » Logged
OM

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 04:48:01 PM »

Sorry hp.
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »

You don't even know these people whose "moral fiber" you are so sure of.  This has nothing to do with the Duke case.  Stop using this poor dead soldier for your agenda.

The only thing I wish MO is for you to have tried to have said that to my face.  Wink

I find you and your ilk unconvincing in your "outrage".  After nearly a year of having to put up with every and all possible innuendos and smears against three clearly innocent people where no irrelevent negative thought is too absurd for you people, I can in good conscious say (DELETED)
I personally do not know the players, however people who do have vouched for them and their words resonate in perfect pitch to the words said about James Regan.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:40:45 PM by SharonInJax » Logged

FU
Epublius

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 04:56:36 PM »

Ranger Regan was the third graduate from his high school to be killed in Iraq, and the second Duke athlete to lose his life there.

In a few days, a silver military "transfer case" with an American flag drapped over it will arrive in his hometown, and that flag - after it is folded at the graveside - will be all his family has to represent of our appreciation for a promising life tragically cut short while he was in OUR service.

I believe his sacrifice, and that of those who knew and loved him, is worth setting aside a few words solely focused on him.
EC

The Bat Man is a Punk!

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 04:59:52 PM »

Ranger Regan was the third graduate from his high school to be killed in Iraq, and the second Duke athlete to lose his life there.

In a few days, a silver military "transfer case" with an American flag drapped over it will arrive in his hometown, and that flag - after it is folded at the graveside - will be all his family has to represent of our appreciation for a promising life tragically cut short while he was in OUR service.

I believe his sacrifice, and that of those who knew and loved him, is worth setting aside a few words solely focused on him.

As usual E, yours is a voice of reason.  My apologies to the board.

FU
Epublius

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:31 PM »

As usual E, yours is a voice of reason.  My apologies to the board.

EC,

It wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular.  It was just a thought. 
Lora

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »

You are disrespecting Sharon as interim moderator and the TL site with your silly posturings, the lot of you.

I agree, delete the thread.  Try again with "A tragic end for former Duke Lacrosse Team Member," or something.  Don't use this young man's death to further your agenda.

Whether you believe that Nifong lumped all players at the party under the term "hooligans," or that he meant those that he believed were involved in the alleged assault, clearly that term and his expression of it have NOTHING, NOTHING, to do with this young man's death, or with any past or future Duke Lacrosse players.

And.... "hooligans?Huh"  Really.  GET OVER IT.
Marie

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

You are disrespecting Sharon as interim moderator and the TL site with your silly posturings, the lot of you.

I agree, delete the thread.  Try again with "A tragic end for former Duke Lacrosse Team Member," or something.  Don't use this young man's death to further your agenda.

Whether you believe that Nifong lumped all players at the party under the term "hooligans," or that he meant those that he believed were involved in the alleged assault, clearly that term and his expression of it have NOTHING, NOTHING, to do with this young man's death, or with any past or future Duke Lacrosse players.

And.... "hooligans?Huh"  Really.  GET OVER IT.

I disagree. We've heard from the start that the team had this long history of "bad behavior" and about the dangers posed by young men who play "helmet sports". The entire team has been trashed as a bunch of partying, privleged white males. This is not true and this just illustrates the danger of stereotyping a group of people instead of looking at them as individuals.
OM

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 05:43:15 PM »

You're either suffering from some complex that prevents you from separating fantasy from reality(DELETED) 

You are one sick POS.
How do you figure?  I'm not aware of a single innuendo or smear taht I have directed at any of hte accused.  I get painted with a broad brush of condemnation for others of my "ilk", whomever they are.  I'm not the one with an agenda who's using this story to that end.  I've just asked that EC and whomever stop attempting to equate this dead soldier with the accused.  That's not a slight on teh accused.  It's out of concern for this soldier and his family. (DELETED) How am I the sick one?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:42:34 PM by SharonInJax » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here