Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 02:00:30 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  How to Dismiss the Kidnapping Charges in 3 Easy Steps! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to Dismiss the Kidnapping Charges in 3 Easy Steps!  (Read 32456 times)
Lousy1

Aaah chicken! Best served al dente

Re: How to Dismiss the Kidnapping Charges in 3 Easy Steps!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 08:23:12 PM »

Tortmaster,

Doesn't kidnapping stand alone? 

Yes, evidently in the open with one shoe.
Epublius

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 08:27:51 PM »

Tortmaster,

Doesn't kidnapping stand alone? 

Yes, evidently in the open with one shoe.

...giving new meaning to:  "not a leg to stand on".   Smiley
Lousy1

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

Chicky,  enjoy your posts. With all due respects are you related to the late great entertainer Lucie Allen?
Tortmaster

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »

Was she transported in a car without a clock. Perhaps she has one of the older rotary, dial cell phones that required the owner to wind the time piece? I didn't see any uncertainty in her statement to Linwood Wilson. Perhaps reading a prepared script tends to diminish doubt.  ---  Quoted from Lousy1 (a/k/a “Buttkicker”)

The most amazing aspect of the new and crazy timeline is that Precious/Honey had NINE MONTHS to think it up, and that was the best she could do! I am sure she also had outside assistance from someone (e.g. pick one or more of the following: Linwood Wilson, Mark Gottlieb, Michael Nifong, Victoria Peterson, Clakki Cheek-O’Knight-Yancy, Jr., Mary or Travis, her new “lawyer”).  

The boys were supremely lucky that Precious/Honey was stupid, and that Nifong and Gottlieb were brain dead.

What really pisses me off is that Precious/Honey, Gottlieb and Nifong actually believed that people would fall for this load of crap. This is the type of cynical confidence best described by Harper Lee:

ATTICUS FINCH:  [closing argument] The witnesses for the State, with the exception of the Sheriff of Maycomb County, have presented themselves to you gentlemen, to this court, in the cynical confidence that their testimony would not be doubted. Confident that you gentlemen would go along with them on the assumption, the evil assumption, that all Negros lie, that all Negroes are basically immoral beings, all Negro men are not to be trusted around our women. An assumption that one associates with minds of their caliber, and which is in itself, gentlemen, a lie, which I do not need to point out to you.

Since we haven't seen the captains' or the players' statements, we can only glean what was said from Nifong's comments way back when. In his first interview with Dan Abrams he said that the facts were not supportive of the "alternate version of events". When Dan asked what was that? Nifong answered that "well, that she showed up to dance and was asked to leave". (I'm terrrible at links but it's in the first MSNBC interview.) "She was asked to leave" is no doubt in the captains' statements and subsequent affadavits from multiple players. Doesn't sound like kidnapping to me.  ---  Quoted from the magnificent DHaze

That is a very good point, DHaze! Usually, kidnappers want to KEEP people confined, not ask them to leave. Imagine 30-40 boys getting on the stand, one after the other, saying, “We just couldn’t take it no more. No disrespect, but nobody was really interested in watching that anymore.” Imagine the following scenarios:

Scenario #1 --

QUEEN ELIZABETH I:  [Rushing up stairs in Tower of London, entering cell] “Whew, I need a better aerobic instructor, those stairs are getting harder every day. I came as soon as I heard, Mary, there’s been a mistake, you’re free to go….”

MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS: “I’m gonna sue your ass!”

QUEEN ELIZABETH I:  “I said I was sorry. My bad.”

Scenario #2 --  

ISRAELI SHOTPUTTER: “You mean we’re free to go”?

BLACK SEPTEMBER MILITANT #1: “That’s what I said.”

ISRAELI WEIGHTLIFTER: “That’s a pretty lame kidnapping, then.”

BLACK SEPTEMBER MILITANT #2:  “We just wanted to pop in, say ‘Hi,‘ and get back to Beirut. We suck as kidnappers.”

Epub! I tried to think of a good comeback to this: "...giving new meaning to:  "not a leg to stand on".   Smiley" But, I couldn't! The best I could do:

RICHARD SIMMONS VOICE: "Those aren't calves, honey, those are steers!" (*)

* Stolen from Robin Williams

"If anyone out there still believes David Evans, Reade Seligmann, or Collin Finnerty raped a black stripper on March 13, 2006, you’re willfully deaf and blind. And stupid." -- LaShawn Barber
Epublius

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »

Epub! I tried to think of a good comeback to this: "...giving new meaning to:  "not a leg to stand on".   Smiley" But, I couldn't! The best I could do:

RICHARD SIMMONS VOICE: "Those aren't calves, honey, those are steers!" (*)

* Stolen from Robin Williams

ROFL!

Robin Williams would be proud.  Smiley

Tortmaster

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 01:47:28 AM »

In addition to all the evidence contained in the original post, there are medical findings that are very relevant to the fake kidnapping charges. Actually, it is the lack of any medical findings. There has never been any statement from the false accuser about the use of guns, knives or other weapons in the fantasy rape. Rather, she claimed to have "scratched" the Duke boys and fought them off. Michael Nifong claimed she was choked. In the latest version of her fantasy, the false accuser claims she was forced to bend down, apparently by hand. There was no bruising.

"The nurse's report noted diffuse swelling of the vaginal walls. It made no mention of bruises, tears or abrasion to either the vagina or the anus. The nurse noted a non-bleeding scratch on the woman's right knee and a cut on her right heel. A doctor at Duke noted a scratched heel, and no other signs of physical assault."

http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/468272-p3.html

According to the false accuser's December version, she was so angry after the "sexual assault" that she had the "courage" to bang on the door with rage. Yet, we are to believe that she meekly succumbed to sexual assault? We are to disregard Precious/Honey's previous statements describing her "bravery" at fighting off her "attackers"? There should be defensive wounds, or bruising form this valiant struggle. Where are the marks that one would naturally expect from a choking, scratching fight between kidnapper and kidnapped? Why could the nurses and doctors not find this bruising? The answer is simple, those bruises never existed, just like Tawana Brawley's "bruises, contusions, scratches or other injuries":     

"There were other discrepancies in Tawana's story.  She was seen entering the empty apartment at Pavillion where she had once lived on the morning after the alleged abduction.  Other witnesses claimed to have seen her at parties in a nearby town during the period when she was 'missing.'  She had no bruises, contusions, scratches or other injuries except for a small bruise behind the left ear, which was determined to be several days old.  Her mother, Glenda Brawley, was spotted at the apartment complex shortly before Tawana was seen getting into the garbage bag; the mother waited until that same afternoon to report Tawana's 'disappearance' to the police.  The investigation turned up evidence to indicate that the damage done to Tawana's clothing had occurred in the apartment.  According to the grand jury report, all of 'the items and instrumentalities necessary to create the condition in which Tawana Brawley appeared on Saturday, November 28, were present inside of or in the immediate vicinity of Apartment 19A.'  The feces had come from a neighbor's dog."

"If anyone out there still believes David Evans, Reade Seligmann, or Collin Finnerty raped a black stripper on March 13, 2006, you’re willfully deaf and blind. And stupid." -- LaShawn Barber
Epublius

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »

Since the discovery in this bizarre case began leaking out, it has been clear there was no rape, no sexual assault, and no kidnapping.

A violent rape and sexual assault of a woman by 3, 4, or 5 healthy college athletes in a small room lasting up to 30 minutes, where AV claims to have fought back, would have left a treasure trove of DNA, physical evidence, and scratches and bruises on all involved.  Yet, not one shred of such evidence exists.

It was clear then, and even clearer now, that no such crimes as alleged happened at that house that night.

Lousy1

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 07:46:49 AM »

Perhaps Nifong was relying on the recently Massachusetts SJC decision in the State vs. Ward and June Cleaver. In that decision it was established

The plaintiff (Mr. Jason no last name given) had by his admission decided to randomly invade a suburban household and slay the inhabitants within. As the decision pointed out this outcome though planned was never consummated .

The defendants (Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver), after receiving Mr. Jason on their domicile's porch. requested that the plaintiff remove himself from the premises. The plaintiff stated his shock at being required to constrict his freedom to associate to the strict construct of the defendant’s preferences

As the SJC noted Mr. Cleaver ( but his family)  had the option of fleeing out of alternative exits. They did therefore did not establish the right to constrain the freedom of movement of the plaintiff. The conviction of the defendants for kidnapping was upheld.

Epublius

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »

Perhaps Nifong was relying on the recently Massachusetts SJC decision in the State vs. Ward and June Cleaver. In that decision it was established

The plaintiff (Mr. Jason no last name given) had by his admission decided to randomly invade a suburban household and slay the inhabitants within. As the decision pointed out this outcome though planned was never consummated .

The defendants (Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver), after receiving Mr. Jason on their domicile's porch. requested that the plaintiff remove himself from the premises. The plaintiff stated his shock at being required to constrict his freedom to associate to the strict construct of the defendant’s preferences

As the SJC noted Mr. Cleaver ( but his family)  had the option of fleeing out of alternative exits. They did therefore did not establish the right to constrain the freedom of movement of the plaintiff. The conviction of the defendants for kidnapping was upheld.

This is insanity.

Why should I flee (and abandon) my home and rights to protect it because some strange -- and univited person -- refuses to leave my property?

OM

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »

I hope they threw the book at Wally and the Beaver, too.
Lousy1

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 10:42:39 AM »

As I recall DA Haskell held them awaiting trial for two years on the charge of money laundering ( Lemonade stand issue)
The most comic figure in this case was Alalumpy, a family spokeperson of dubious gender.
L
Epublius

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 10:44:08 AM »

Oh wait....this occurred in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. nvm
Epublius

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »

The most comic figure in this case was Alalumpy, a family spokeperson of dubious gender.
L

Was its name Jakki?  Smiley
OM

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »

As I recall DA Haskell held them awaiting trial for two years on the charge of money laundering ( Lemonade stand issue)
L

No doubt Eddie was sucking up to the electorate by playing on its love of psychotic thrill killers.
Lousy1

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »

Yes not atypical of the poeples republic ( or commonwealth)

I think the public was enthralled with, and sympathetic to, the the hockey mask involve in this case during the heyday of the BIG BAD Bruins who averaged an aggravated assualt every 3.7 minutes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here