Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 12:49:58 AM
75132 Posts in 1768 Topics by 359 Members
Latest Member: nic4real
Home Help Login Register
TalkLeft Discussion Forums  |  Topics  |  Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case  |  Archived Duke Players' Discredited Sexual Assault Case Topics  |  Nifong conduct rebuked early 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nifong conduct rebuked early  (Read 31386 times)
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

Re: Nifong conduct rebuked early
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »

The players had no reason not to attend the interrogation. I can't see why they would have cancelled it, justdropit.
It pretty much had to be an attorney's idea, and supposedly the players had no representation of their own yet.

Justdropit

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2007, 11:44:42 AM »

The players had no reason not to attend the interrogation. I can't see why they would have cancelled it, justdropit.
It pretty much had to be an attorney's idea, and supposedly the players had no representation of their own yet.

If a Duke attorney in fact counseled the players to not speak without representation, it's the first good thing I've heard the University do for its students.
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »

Well, they would have been bailing on the players, imo.

Distancing themselves from defending them.
Justdropit

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »

Well, they would have been bailing on the players, imo.

Distancing themselves from defending them.

You may be right--I have no clue as to Duke's motivation.  In retrospect, regardless of its intent, Duke did the players a favor.  Nifong was going to indict three regardless of evidence, it was in their interest not to speak to him without attorneys present.
inmyhumbleopinion

"I thought he was banned permanently too" OM OM OM

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

Did the players agree to the meeting or not?  Did they agree to not show up at the meeting or not. These are not children. They are all adults.  They can consider advice from their coach, their parents and assorted attorneys, no matter who is paying the bill, but  if they agreed to the meeting and they decided to not show up for the meeting, the buck stops there.

QT
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »

You may be right--I have no clue as to Duke's motivation.  In retrospect, regardless of its intent, Duke did the players a favor.  Nifong was going to indict three regardless of evidence, it was in their interest not to speak to him without attorneys present.

I agree.
Trinity Rez

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »

Did the players agree to the meeting or not?  Did they agree to not show up at the meeting or not. These are not children. They are all adults.  They can consider advice from their coach, their parents and assorted attorneys, no matter who is paying the bill, but  if they agreed to the meeting and they decided to not show up for the meeting, the buck stops there.

Okay, now we know there was no rape so the pot bangers want to place all the blame on the students for this injustice. I will await the civil suits and finacial rewards granted to show any remaining idiots how wrong Nifong and the DPD were in not conducting a normal investigation. It is fair to say that any unbiased individual knows that Durham county, due to the conduct of its elected official, will be held responsible for this farce.

Due to the envious nature and jeliousy of the pot bangers they have once again placed the alpha males back in the hearts of 98% of Americans. I guess us rich white males will continue to dominate and we can think the pot bangers for hoisting us back into the good graces of America.

Thanks Pot Bangers we could not have reigned much longer with out you.
TalkLeft
Administrator

« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »

Trinity Rez and others, please find another word besides pot-bangers that is less insulting.  Try, "those that support the accuser" or something like that.
OM

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »

Due to the envious nature and jeliousy of the pot bangers they have once again placed the alpha males back in the hearts of 98% of Americans. I guess us rich white males will continue to dominate and we can think the pot bangers for hoisting us back into the good graces of America.

Thanks Pot Bangers we could not have reigned much longer with out you.

Greetings to our visitor from the planet Zenon.  
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2007, 12:55:09 PM »

Trinity Rez and others, please find another word besides pot-bangers that is less insulting.  Try, "those that support the accuser" or something like that.

Wow!

jvj

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »

I keep reading about this meeting that was cancelled which seems to be the main evidence of a "wall of silence".  Does anybody have a link that shows who originally scheduled the meeting and who authorized it to be scheduled?  Is there a link that shows the players ever agreed to any such meeting?
LTC8K9

Professional Lunkhead

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »

Is there a link that shows the players ever agreed to any such meeting?

Is there a link showing that they didn't?

Oh...sorry!
Justdropit

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2007, 01:00:26 PM »

Is there a link that shows the players ever agreed to any such meeting?

Is there a link showing that they didn't?

Oh...sorry!

ROFL
Trinity Rez

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »

Okay.

People banged pots in support of a known liar.I can not help it if they look foolish and turn the phrase "pot bangers" into a derogatory term. So much for the societal good they were trying to accomplish.
Lousy1

Aaah chicken! Best served al dente

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »

How about "Cast raters" as in cast of characters?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertise Here